IM Asia - China MIM
China MIM is a two-year, Double Degree MSc program in International Management delivered jointly by Bocconi University and the leading Chinese institution, Fudan School of Management.
The program responds to a rising demand for talented and multicultural individuals, with the skills to thrive in tomorrow's global business environment and to develop a deep understanding of China’s business practices and culture.
By living in China for one year, this program provides a full immersion not only in one of the world’s largest and fastest growing economies, but also in a different social and cultural context. Spending one year in Milan at Bocconi and one year in Shanghai at Fudan will give you the opportunity to observe and to acquire a two-world mindset and perspective on the economy, business and society.
At the end of the program you will be awarded both the MSc degree in International Management issued by Bocconi University and the Master of International Business issued by Fudan School of Management.
China MIM graduates will enter the workforce not only with the credentials and skills provided by a strong academic background, but also enriched by a cross-cultural interpersonal experience.
Please note that:
- The program targets third-year Bachelor students who will graduate:
- by June 2024 if coming from international universities
- by July 2024 if graduating at Bocconi and Italian universities
- Students must select the China MIM program as a separate program choice when submitting the application for admission.
- Students whose nationality belongs to the Greater China Region (including Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan) cannot apply for this Double Degree program
- Students selected for the Double Degree program will not be required to pay any tuition fee to the host institution, but must pay an administrative contribution to Bocconi
- Throughout the duration of the two-year program and before arrival in Shanghai, Bocconi University will guarantee to all China MIM students assistance, support and coordination with Fudan University office
- Students participating in the China MIM program should arrive in Shanghai for the start of the second year of the program in the second half of August.
China MIM Study Plan
China MIM is one of the oldest Double Degree programs between a Chinese and a European university in the field of management. The agreement for this Double Degree was signed on 4 July 2005 in Beijing by the Chinese Minister of Education and the Italian Minister of Education, University and Research, who issued a joint statement on educational cooperation.
The first year takes place in Milan at Bocconi University where students are provided with the fundamental concepts of International Management through core courses and seminars that all feature a highly interactive methodology and are largely based on individual work as well as teamwork.
During the first year, 20 students selected by Bocconi University and 20 students selected by Fudan School of Management will attend classes together. International students are usually 20-25% of Bocconi students.
Since Italian is a required second foreign language for non-Italian native speakers, international students can also benefit from interactions with their Italian classmates.
The second year takes place in Shanghai at Fudan School of Management (FDSM). Founded in 1905, Fudan University is one of the most prestigious universities in China and one of the most internationally oriented Chinese institutions. It boasts a student body of over 36,000 students and a faculty of nearly 2,100, many whom belong to the "Chinese Academy of Sciences."
It is a comprehensive institution with 17 schools, 70 departments, over 150 PhD programs, 25 research centers, nearly 70 undergraduate degree courses and around 210 graduate degree programs.
Shanghai is China's hallmark in terms of progress, growth and ambition. Shanghai also boasts a unique, engaging and dynamic international environment within China, which features the presence of both thriving local enterprises and international companies offering an incredibly wide range of placement and development opportunities.
The second year is designed to tailor your experience according to your own preferences and career goals, immersed in a Chinese context.
Currently, students may only obtain an internship visa by studying in China for two semesters. Therefore, thanks to the China MIM program, students will have the unique opportunity to experience the work environment in China.
First Year (at Bocconi)
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Strategy
- Marketing Management
- Performance Measurement
- Business Law
- Human Resources Management
- Economics and Society
- Business Analytics
- Foreign languages (two languages):
- First foreign language: English
- Second foreign language: Italian for students who are not Italian native speakers
Second Year (at Fudan)
- 1 compulsory core course
- 4 electives
- Introduction to China
- Primary Chinese Language*
* FDSM only provides a basic language course for the China MIM program. For advanced learners, FDSM will offer instructions on how to audit Mandarin courses available in other schools and programs at Fudan University. If such courses are not available or overlap with the core courses, students are advised to seek outside professional institutions for private courses.
- Business Extracurricular Activities
- Internship (compulsory)
- Thesis: China MIM students have special thesis requirements from Fudan University (details will be provided by FDSM)
All courses are taught in English and will follow FDSM rules in terms of grading, exam dates and guidelines.