Timeline and Selection Process
Bocconi Applicants 2021-2022 AY
|Early Session||Career Session|
14 July - 15 September 2020 (at 12.00 — noon)
Mid-February - April 2021 (at 12.00 — noon)
|Results release date and beginning of the enrollment period:
27 October 2020
Results release date and beginning of the enrollment period:
27 May 2021
27 October - 17 November 2020
27 May - 15 June 2021
In order to participate in the Early Session or Career Session, applicants must meet the following requirements:
|Early Session||Career Session|
* Exceptionally, for this academic year, students who are "in corso" and have a weighted average of at least 28/30 (without
rounding), have registered in their career at least 102 credits (among those
provided in the study plan) can take part in the selection process.
Please read the following paragraphs for details on selection criteria.
All applicants may select up to 5 MSc programs in each Bocconi application:
- MSc programs offered both in Italian and English represent two different choices
- The selection process for CEMS MIM, China MIM, ESSEC-Bocconi Double Degree special programs takes place at the same time as selection for other MSc programs, but must be expressed as different and separate from the “International Management” and “Management” programs respectively
- Starting in the 2021-2022 a.y., the Joint Degree in Cyber Risk Strategy and Governance will also be among the choices available in the online application
- Applicants to the LSE-Bocconi and Sciences Po- Bocconi Double Degree are required to complete a different specific application
- Motivational letters supporting the candidate's application must be in English, if one or more programs amongst those selected are taught in English.
Before selecting the programs in the online application, we kindly invite applicants to carefully check the language of instruction of each program (English or Italian). Please note that no change of program will be granted after the deadline for the enrollment.
Selection Criteria — Early Session
Selection Criteria — Career Session
In the “Student Career Session,” the academic career completed and recorded at 30 April 2021 is an element of evaluation (exams, registered internships, eligibility/tests are evaluated).
Applicants who have acquired at least 110 credits (exams, internships and eligibility/tests are evaluated) can participate in the Student Career Session by April 2021.
Elements of evaluation include:
- educational activities (exams) with grades in thirtieths set out in the program structure, that have been passed and recorded in the academic career by April 2021.
- any exams taken abroad during the Exchange Program, will be evaluated for the purposes of this admissions only if registered in the study plan, with date of registration and grade in thirtieths, by the deadline of 30 April.
- curricular internship activities recorded on the transcript by April 2021.
- participation in international Exchange programs that began before the month of April 2021. In light of the ongoing health emergency, we kindly invite all students assigned an exchange program to check their position in advance
with the Study Abroad office.
- Status of “in corso” student
Students interested in admission to CEMS MIM/CHINA MIM/ESSEC-Bocconi DD are required to provide further elements of evaluation (i.e. motivational letter, video interview, etc.).
CHECK YOUR EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES
Applicants will be able to verify the list of the educational activities that will be considered for the selection process (i.e. exams, recorded curricular internship, eligibility/seminars) starting from early May 2021 indicatively, directly on "MyApplication" (“Attività formative_Educational activities” section).
Anyone who has applied can verify the list of educational activities, regardless of whether they meet the requirements strictly defined for this selection round (110 credits passed by April 2021).
Please consider that the following will not be visible on MyApplication:
- the exchange program (since it is not an activity that appears with a grade and/or credits in your study plan)
- the points attributed for a recorded curricular internship, Exchange program, position of “in corso" student as attributed only later, once the ranking is defined.
Only in the case of incorrect data, we ask that you contact the Academic Services Desk (through the H&C procedure, Exam Registration topic) and report any incorrect data, requesting it to be updated.
Admission Ranking — Early Session
For the Early Session, the admissions ranking is created only if the number of applications exceeds 60% of available spots, and only for the program(s) that exceed this limit. This means that applicants will be admitted if the total number of applications received for their first choice program is lower than 60% of available places. In the event that the number of applications exceeds 60% of available spots, an admissions ranking will be created and available spots will be assigned based on the ranking.
Students who are ranked highest and have at least 110 credits will be admitted (on a quantitative basis) without further evaluation.
The last 20% of the slots available will be assigned after a specific evaluation of twice the number of applicants compared to the spots to be awarded, including applicants who have at least 102 credits.
Evaluation of profiles in the ranking will be completed by the Master of Science Program Director who, in the overall assessment of profiles, may take into account both the weighted GPA and the credits recorded and a qualitative assessment resulting from examining the CV/résumé and personal statement provided in the online application.
Applicants who have been deemed not admitted to the first choice program will be considered for their alternative choices (if expressed), following the above-indicated procedure.
At the end of the online enrollment period, the Admissions Office will verify that everyone who has completed the enrollment form actually meet the requirements.
If the requirements are not met, the application for enrollment cannot be taken into consideration.
Considering the strong motivational aspect for the CEMS MIM, CHINA MIM and ESSEC-Bocconi DD programs, interested students will also be subject to a specific evaluation by the Program Director, regardless of the number of applications received. For this purpose, applicants interested in these programs will have to provide specific documentation (statement of motivation and video interview, both in English).
Starting this year, the Cyber Risk Strategy and Governance Joint Master of Science program, created between Bocconi and Polimi, will also be among the choices available in the online application. Also in this case profiles will be evaluated by the Program Director regardless of the number of applications received. For admission to this program, it will therefore be required to upload a CV and a dedicated motivational letter.
In case of non-admission, your application may be resubmitted in the second "Student Career" admission round (the application can be submitted approximately in the period February - April 2021).
Admissions Ranking — Career Session
For the Career Session, the ranking score is made up of the algebraic sum of:
point average, weighted according to the credit value of exams passed by April 2021 (the date of the exam session reported in Punto Blu must be the same as or before 30 April 2021). In the calculation of the average for
exams that include more than one module, the individual modules will be
considered, not the overall grade. The score obtained will be converted into a score out of 110.
For applicants who have already graduated, this average corresponds to the weighted average regarding all exams in the study plan (NOT the graduation grade).
Any additional exams on the student career will also be taken into consideration
- 1 point out of 110 for a curricular internship recorded by April 2021
point out of 110 for participating in an
international Exchange program, which started within 30 April 2021. In light of the ongoing health emergency, we kindly invite all students assigned an exchange program to check their position in advance
with the Study Abroad office.
Please note that participation in Campus Abroad, Double Degree or Free Mover programs is not valid for the purposes of the ranking.
Furthermore, for applicants with the position of “in corso” student the following is attributed:
- 1 point out of 110 for "in corso” students in the month of April 2021
- 1 more point out of 110 for "in corso" students in the month of April 2021 who acquired at least 130 credits (exams, recorded internships, eligibility) by the month of April 2021. When calculating credits, all credits acquired (exams, recorded internships, eligibility) will be considered.
Furthermore, for applicants WITHOUT the position of “in corso” student the following is attributed:
- 0 points out of 110 for students not yet graduated at the time of application, who enrolled for the first time in any university degree program (Bocconi and non) in the 2017-2018 a.y.;
- 0 points out of 110 for applicants who have already graduated from Bocconi within 3 or 4 academic years from their first year of enrollment in the university system (Bocconi or non-Bocconi);
- -1 point out of 110 for students not yet graduated at the time of application, who enrolled for the first time in any university degree program (Bocconi and non) in the 2016-2017 a.y. For each year of enrollment in the university system prior to the 2016-2017 a.y. a further point will be deducted;
- -1 point out of 110 for applicants graduating from Bocconi in 5 years after their first year of enrollment in the university system (Bocconi or non-Bocconi). For each year of enrollment in the university system after the fifth year, another point will be deducted.
Points in the ranking will be designated based on these criteria and spots will be assigned in descending order from the first place (with the highest score) being allocated to the first choice Master of Science program until all available places have been filled, or to the second, third, fourth and fifth choice if necessary, until all available places have been filled.
A limited number of non-admitted applicants may be included on a "waiting list." Students will be informed about their position in the” waiting list” after results are released. At the end of the enrollment period, after all available places have been confirmed, students on the "waiting list" may be offered places (dedicated to Bocconi applicants) that are not filled.