The European Network "EDGE" (European Doctoral Group in Economics)
The PhD program offered by Bocconi University is member of a network of European Doctoral Programs which encourages exchange of students and professors. The Network, called EDGE (European Doctoral Group in Economics) includes: Université de la Méditerranée (Aix-Marseille, France), University of Cambridge (Cambridge, U.K.), Københavns Universitet (Copenhagen, Denmark), University College Dublin (Dublin, Ireland) Università Bocconi (Milano, Italy), Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (Munich, Germany).
EDGE students will be fully integrated into the Bocconi Phd program. They will attend courses and seminars on the same basis as local PhD students. Doctoral courses and seminars are all in English, thus EDGE students do not require a working knowledge of Italian.
Each EDGE student will be assigned an experienced researcher from his or her research area as an advisor. The advisor's task is to:
- facilitate the student's integration into the Department;
- help the student choose the PhD courses he or she would like to attend;
- discuss the progress of the fellow's research on a regular basis;
- help with any problems that might arise.
Whenever possible, office space will be provided for each EDGE student, including telephone, computer, and internet access. EDGE students also have access to the Department's libraries etc.
EDGE students are not charged any tuition or fees.
The selection process is based purely on academic excellence. Further financial assistance may be available at the time of the application.
Applications have to be written in English and include:
- detailed curriculum vitae;
- certificate with the results of your PhD program;
- GRE certificate (if available);
- copy of your transcripts of previous degrees (list of courses and final exam and marks);
- a statement of purpose describing the research to be undertaken at the partner university, the faculty members at the partner university who might be interested in this research, and the Ph.D. courses the applicant would like to attend at the partner university;
- two confidential reference letters, including one by the supervisor.
Please send your application form to the EDGE coordinator, Prof. Matthias Messner, PhD in Economics&Finance, via Roentgen, 1 - 20136 Milano.