Prof. Cristian Chizzoli, Armando CirrincioneCourse Summary
Digital technologies have changed our lives.
As individuals as well as consumers, we actively rely on web search, social networks and blogs for getting information about products and brands, and we increasingly buy through e-commerce platforms.
Furthermore, digital products allow companies to disentangle the “black box” of consumption through gathering information on the way products are used. Digital products are becoming part of consumers’ life; through them, companies can learn a lot of thing on the way consumers behave. Recent development along this route, digital assistants like Amazon Alexa or Google Home, are redefining both the way people consume and the way companies design their value propositions and take them to the market.
This big change requires firms to consistently review their marketing strategies. Digital techs provide new ways for better understanding customer needs, new opportunities for differentiating brands, new medias to develop and manage customer relationship.
The course examines the fundamental principles of a digital marketing strategy, and provides a detailed understanding of all digital channels and platforms. Participants will complete the course with a comprehensive knowledge of how to develop an integrated digital marketing strategy, from formulation to implementation.
At the end of the course student will be able to:
- Identify big trends in digital marketing;
- Understand the use of digital technologies for analyzing customer needs;
- Recognize the impact of digitalization on customer value;
- Explain the use of digital technologies for communicating with customers, promoting brands and sells products/services through ecommerce platforms.
- 40% "learning in action" assignments in small groups
- 60% individual written exam on July 17th
Material of the course (slides, readings, case studies), will be assigned by instructors.