Information for those concerned,
Data collected from you will be processed according to the following principles: lawfulness, fairness and transparency; purpose limitation; data minimization; accuracy; storage limitation; integrity and confidentiality.
UNIVERSITA’ COMMERCIALE “LUIGI BOCCONI” (hereinafter referred to as “Bocconi University”), having its registered office in Milano in via Sarfatti 25, hereby declares that it falls within the field of application of General Data Protection Regulation n. 679/2016 dealing with the protection of personal data (hereinafter referred to as the “Law”), with reference to the use of subject’s personal data (hereinafter referred to as “Data”) also includes data regarded as “sensitive” (in the broadest sense of the term provided by the Law) namely information relating to health, membership of political groups, information related to racial or ethnic origin, handicapped family members, etc., provided by the data subject or collected through forms filled in by the data subject while registering to attend promotional events, attended by the data subject before or during the data subjects academic career, and also in any moment following graduation.
1. The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- your name, and contact information such as address, email address and telephone number, as well as your date of birth, tax identification number and your passport number or national identity card details, thesis title, final project title, country of residence and your nationality, as well as your bank account details. We will also allocate to you a unique student ID number;
- information related to your academic and professional record, duration of the studies and examination results. We will also keep records about to assessments of your work, details of examinations taken, your predicted and actual examination grades and other information in your student record;
- information about your family or personal circumstances, and both academic and extracurricular interests, for example where this is relevant to the assessment of your eligibility to receive a bursary or in order to provide you with appropriate care linked with your needs;
- Data related to your geographical position limited to the University buildings and urban campus;
- personal data could be processed also in relation to the attendance at the sport and academic competition events based on the merit;
- sensitive personal data: information on health, political opinions, membership of student political groups, etc., shall only be processed for the purposes allowed by the Law and only for tasks of the University. If data subjects do not provide consent for the processing of sensitive data, Bocconi University will not be able to register the data subject in the University.
2. Modality of the Treatment
The personal data are processed either in paper or electronic format. In the latter case, automatic instruments will be used. The Data will be kept strictly for the time and scope for which they were collected.
Specific security measures are adopted for preventing data breaches, illicit or non-correct uses and non-authorized accesses.
3. Purposes and Processing Data
Your image and information connected with the University career and produced by Bocconi University during the performance of its institutional tasks, shall be subject to processing, including throught electronic or automated means. Data will be processed for the following purposes:
a) Bocconi University may use your Data for the fruition of requested and subscribed academic goods and services. This purpose shall be understood as including all relevant processing activities necessary to provide a complete, continuous and holistic educational and placement service. Relevant processing activities will be the selection and admission procedure, enrolment and career, use of e-learning platforms and communication among students, graduation, thesis publication, job placement, accommodation, restaurant, sports and culture, initiatives of social engagement and the inclusion in the alumni community.
b) For the performance of institutional tasks of the University as well as the performance of activities and communications related to products and services towards which the individual has shown its particular interest. This also includes the attendance at institutional events, such as graduation ceremonies and related video shots, or other initiatives related to mandatory activities and as indicated on the Internet at http://www.unibocconi.it/ in Statuto e regolamenti. This will also include the communication as part of the class group assigned to you related to exam assessment, sending multimedia aids, circulation of periodical publications reserved exclusively for students of Bocconi University referring to important institutional events for your career and your university life, job market orientation initiatives (internships and placement), the presentation of Bocconi alumni community, networking and tutoring among students and alumni, postgraduate training and allocation of scholarships.
c) for the circulation of periodical publications namely Bocconi News including fundraising and events to support Bocconi University activities in any manner, and in both printed and electronic format to the email address you provided to us; other editorial/digital/paper activities for communication/promotion purposes of the University requiring the use of images carried out on Campus.
d) For security and internal organization purposes including the allocation of the ID card in order to gain access to University services. Moreover, on the same grounds, Data collected may be used for research and statistical purposes on an anonymous and aggregate basis.
e) For the transmission of periodic newsletters as well as notices and invitations for participation in events and cultural and social initiatives proposed by Bocconi University and by the Bocconi Alumni network, including support initiatives for the University.
f) For the registration and attendance at the competition events based on the merit.
g) For the library purposes, in order to grant the access to, among others, the facilities and materials therein, to borrow books and other products from the library, its consultation and, more in general, to benefit from all the services offered by the library.
h) For research and statistical purposes;
i) To meet logistical needs, we may process geo-localization data, to ensure greater security and protection. Note that the University may pass some of your data to the International SOS Group and to the Travel Tracker service.
j) For the compliance with legal obligations. Note also that the University may pass some of your Data to other organizations if necessary for the detection or prevention of crime or if required by law.
k) To send electronic communications, based on the Data Controller’s legitimate interest, to the email address you already provided, regarding similar products to those in which you have already shown interest.
4. Circulation and Communication of Data
Data may be accessed by students enrolled in similar courses and activities through the e-learning platform, Staff of Bocconi University, faculty of the courses you attend and those required by Law or those in charge of administrative aspects and dealing with academic services, that have the need in order to perform duties or given their position held, as well as other entities providing services to Bocconi University, whom the University has specifically nominated as responsible or qualified for the processing of the Data of such subjects, in relation to their duties, shall have access to the pertinent Data. All this, always in connection with the purposes pointed out previously.
In addition, the Data subject’s data may be communicated to:
a) Both international and domestic public entities such as Ministries and Public Administration Offices, in relation to the performance of the institutional tasks of the University including those related to procedures for issuing the permit to stay;
b) Banking corporation, in particular Banca Popolare di Sondrio S.C.p.A., under the scope of the contract with the data subject;
c) natural persons or legal entities, external bodies and associations, including public, professional studios and companies (also outside of the Republic of Italy), for the scope of the contract with the data subject and legitimate Bocconi University interests. Said Data may also be communicated to other legal entities (Istituto Javotte Bocconi, ISU Bocconi, ranking companies);
d) external institutions processing Data in order to elaborate university rankings;
e) other student and network between alumni, in this context Data could be accessible to Alumni, including those living outside of Italy;
f) close relatives in the case where it could be necessary to inform them and provide them with urgent communications;
g) international entities, in relation to the participation in international programs when the destination Country complies with the adequacy principle; to the Egea bookshop attached to the University in order to obtain the student discount card.
5. Granting of Data
The following Data will not be subject to your consent: Data processed for security and internal organization purposes; Data for the fruition of requested and subscribed academic goods and services; Data processing institutional tasks of the University as well as the performance of activities and communications related to products and services for which the individual has shown particular interest; Data processing for the Library access and services and Data processing for the compliance of legal obligations. Data that are being processed upon your consent might not be needed necessarily, but will be significant for us in order to provide some services for your interest.
Data you provide will be located in servers located in the European Economic Area.
6. The basis for processing your information and how we use it
We may process your personal data because:
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with a student;
- it is necessary for the performance of our tasks carried out in the public interest as an academic institution;
- it is necessary for us or a third party's legitimate interests, including security and internal organization measures and institutional communications;
- your consent has been given;
- it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
7. International Data transfers
Some of the personal data we process about you will be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), for example where it is processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers, or where personal data is processed by one of our suppliers which are based outside the EEA or who use storage facilities outside of the EEA.
In these circumstances, your personal data will only be transferred on one of the following bases:
- where the transfer is subject to one or more of the "appropriate safeguards" for international transfers prescribed by applicable law (e.g. standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission);
- a European Commission decision provides that the country or territory to which the transfer is made ensures an adequate level of protection; or
- there is another situation where the transfer is permitted under applicable law (e.g. where we have your explicit consent).
8. Data Subject´s Rights
Data subjects have the following rights:
- to require us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is incorrect;
- to require us to erase your personal data;
- to require us to restrict our Data processing activities (and, where our processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on consent before its withdrawal);
- to receive from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including the purpose of your transmittal to another data controller;
- to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
If you have given your consent and you wish to withdraw it, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact details set out below. Please note that where our processing of your personal data relies on your consent and where you then withdraw that consent, we may not be able to provide all or some aspects of our services to you and/or it may affect the provision of those services.
9. Contact us
If you have any queries about this privacy notice or how we process your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Bocconi University is the Data controller for the purposes of the personal data processed under this policy.