Enrollment AY 2023/24
To finalize your enrollment at Bocconi, if you have a non-EU citizenship, you are required to :
- apply for and obtain a Student Visa (type D), before coming to Italy;
- obtain a Permit of Stay for study purposes, once in Italy.
How to apply for a student visa
Please be aware that you must be compliant with all immigration rules and regulations to complete your enrollment at Bocconi and come to Italy. Please visit http://vistoperitalia.esteri.it/home/en where a guided procedure will help you decide if you need to apply for a visa and where - based on your nationality, country of residence, reasons for your visit and length of stay.
If you are enrolled
in a Bachelor or MSc program, regardless of your date of arrival in
Milan, you MUST submit your application on the Universitaly Portal
by and no later than 30 November 2023. However, we recommend that you apply
as soon as you have all the documents required in the procedures.
If you are enrolled in a Specialized Master program, you must submit their application via Universitaly according to the timeline of your program.
If you are an incoming visiting student taking single courses, you must follow the timeline of the semester you are attending.
Then you should go to https://studenti-internazionali.cineca.it/en/stud/home for further information (also detailed below).
From the home page, complete the registration and then select “International students” and “Pre-enroll now”. For the registration we remind you that you must enter your personal data exactly as shown on your passport with all your names and surnames.
Then,you will be asked to fill out a 3-step form:
STEP A: complete the form with your personal data and contacts.
Fill out the form with your passport number and expiration date, then upload a copy of your passport (first 2 pages).
Select the country and the Italian Authority (Embassy or Consulate) where you will apply for your visa, then specify the reason why you are requesting a visa :
- In case you are enrolled in a Bachelor, MSc or specialized Master program, please select the option “I want to enroll in a study course”
- In case you are an incoming Visiting student, please select the option “Visiting students and free movers”
Select the Institution (Università) and the Institution Name(Università Commerciale “Luigi Bocconi”), the course type:
- In case you are enrolled in a Bachelor program, please select “Laurea”
- In case you are enrolled in a MSc program, please select “Laurea Magistrale”
- In case you are enrolled in a specialized Master program, please select ”Master Universitario…”
- In case you are an incoming Visiting student, please select “ Corsi singoli – Single courses”
Select the Course name and the language in which the program is taught.
Please add your “ID
account at the chosen University/AFAM/Institute” which is your MyApplication
STEP C: provide information on your educational qualifications and upload them to the system. Please note that in this section you have to upload the same documents requested for your Bocconi enrollment application (see below). We highly recommend that you start your application on Universitaly only when you already have all the documents required in the procedure.
For students enrolled in a BACHELOR PROGRAM, these may include:
- Bocconi admission result ) and Confirmation letter that you can print out from the Bocconi MyApplication Portal
- Last three years of secondary school transcripts
- Final secondary school diploma
For students enrolled in a MSc PROGRAM, these may include:
- Bocconi admission result and Confirmation letter that you can print out from the Bocconi MyApplcation Portal;
- Most updated University transcripts
- Bachelor diploma
For students enrolled in a SPECIALIZED MASTER PROGRAM, these may include:
- Bocconi admission result and Confirmation letter that you can print out from the Bocconi MyApplication Portal
- Most updated University transcripts
- Bachelor or Master of Science diploma (according to the program of enrollment)
For students accepted as incoming VISITING STUDENTS (SINGLE COURSES):
- Official Admission results that can be downloaded directly from the MyApplication portal.
All documents are required both in their original language and in English or Italian. If the documents are not issued by the school/university in English or Italian, they should be legally translated.
Once you have submitted the application through the Universitaly Portal, the Admissions Office will verify the information you entered:
- In case some of the required documents are missing or your personal data are incorrect, you will be required to integrate the pre-enrollment application with the missing information and re-submit it.
- In case the information entered and the documents uploaded are correct, the application will be "validated".
Once the application has been validated, it will be sent to the Italian Authority you selected as in charge of your visa procedure. After this step, you will receive a confirmation from the system and you will need to get in contact with the same Italian Authority for further information on how to proceed with your pre-enrollment and your visa appointment.
We strongly recommend that you get in contact as soon as possible with the competent Italian Authority to complete the pre-enrollment procedure. As a matter of fact, the student visa procedure does not consist only in the application on Universitaly, but it includes further steps to be completed at your Embassy/Consulate.
With reference to the need of providing a Declaration of Value (DoV), please refer to your own admission result and notifications in your enrollment application to verify if you have been asked to provide such document. Through your application on the Universitaly Portal, the Admissions Office will inform the Italian Authority in charge of your procedure on whether or not a DoV is requested. We remind you that as alternative to DoV, the Statement of Comparability issued by CIMEA is also accepted.
As soon as you
receive your student visa, please upload a copy in the dedicated section in
your enrollment application. The upload is compulsory to finalize your
Without such document your enrollment will remain under “reserve”.
IMPORTANT: for technical assistance on Universitaly, please contact the Help Desk at https://www.universitaly.it/support_jira.php
How to apply for a permit of stay
Within 8 working days from your arrival in Italy holding a valid student visa, you must apply for a permit of stay for study purposes ("Permesso di soggiorno per motivi di studio").
The application for the permit of stay must be submitted at a competent Post Office. After the application, you will receive 1 or 2 payment receipts and a sheet with the date of your appointment at the local Police Office “Questura - Ufficio Stranieri”.
Further guidance about this procedure will be provided during the Welcome Days at the end of August 2023.Please note that, after the application at the Post Office, you are required to upload the receipts and the sheet with the appointment date at “Questura” in the dedicated section in your enrollment application. These documents are compulsory to finalize your enrollment.
For any further information: email@example.com