Courses and Requirements
Please note that the study program might be subject to minor changes. Lessons start at the beginning of September. Attendance is mandatory. The program cannot be attended by distance learning.
In the first year you have to attend 1 Preparatory course in Mathematics (optional) +8 PhD core compulsory courses (shared by the two curricula) + 4 curriculum compulsory courses + research presentation + seminars organized by the Departments of Management & Technology and Marketing
By the beginning of March:
- Curriculum Management: students choose their Track with the courses to be attended in the 2nd year. (Tracks are: Organization, Strategy & Innovation);
- Curriculum Marketing: students choose elective courses to be attended in the 2nd year.
Exam for each compulsory course (maximum 3 retakes). Retakes will take place at the end of the Spring semester, tipically in June
Moreover a Pass is required for the Research presentation, drafted under the supervision of the advisor, to be submitted just before the beginning of the 2nd year (early September)
Second year - a.y. 2022 - 2023 (37° cycle)
- CURRICULUM IN MANAGEMENT: 3 PhD core compulsory courses + 4 track compulsory courses
- CURRICULUM IN MARKETING: 4 curriculum compulsory courses + 3 electives
Moreover, seminar organized by the Departments of Management & Technology and Marketing.
On top of the exam at the end of each course, at the end of the second year, you should obtain an "Accept" in the second-year research paper.
|Nov. - Dec.|
Experimental Methods **
|J. Vosgerau||MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING
|Feb. - Mar.||Text Analysis ||Q. Shi||MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING|
|Apr. - May||Organizational Behavior **||24||R. Ilies||MANAGEMENT|
|Sept. - Oct.||Social Network Analysis||24||R. Burt||MANAGEMENT||Organization|
|Nov. - Dec.||Strategic Human Resources & Human Capital **||24||A. Camuffo||MANAGEMENT ||Organization|
|Feb. - Mar.||Organizational Sociology **||24||F. Castellucci||MANAGEMENT ||Organization|
|Sept. - Oct.||CSR Strategies||24||A. Jacqueminet||MANAGEMENT||Strategy & Innovation|
|Nov. - Dec.||Behavioral Strategy **||24||C. Gutierrez||MANAGEMENT ||Strategy & Innovation|
|Feb. - Mar.||Technology and Innovation Management **||24||G. Verona||MANAGEMENT ||Strategy & Innovation|
|Apr. - May||Advances in Strategy & Innovation||12||P. Mannucci||MANAGEMENT||Strategy & Innovation/Organization|
|Sept. - Oct.||Consumer Behavior II||24||U. Barnea||MARKETING|
|Apr. - May||Data Mining for Marketing Analytics ** ||12||K. Zhu||MARKETING|
** an updated version of this syllabus will be uploaded soon
- for MANAGEMENT CURRICULUM: any other TRACK courses, 1st year compulsory courses in Marketing
- for MARKETING CURRICULUM, all 1st and 2nd year compulsory courses in Management and all TRACK courses in Management
- Courses of other PhD Programs are allowed subject to PhD program Director's approval.
Third year / Fourth year - a.y. 2021 — 2022 (36° cycle and 35° cycle)
The third and fourth years are largely devoted to research and the preparation of the thesis. You will have to:
- attend the curriculum PhD Seminar in Business Administration & Management
- study/research period at other Universities + Ta/RA activities (optional)
- attend conferences (as a listener and as a speaker)
- attend seminars organized by the Departments of Management &Technology, Marketing and Accounting
- submit 2 research papers (1 per year)
- give two seminar presentations per year to illustrate one's own research output (at least one in Bocconi)
- submit the thesis to external reviewers (end of 4th year)
- defend your thesis