Bocconi Graduate Merit Awards
Bocconi University is committed to making our superior level of higher education available to outstanding students. Merit Awards will be made available for first year Graduate applicants for the 2020-2021 academic year based on their academic standing.
The Merit Award includes a full tuition waiver, worth approximately € 13,500 per year. A limited number of students may also be offered free accommodation in one of the Bocconi Residences.
Applicants to the 5 “international” sessions, the "Italian" session and the "Bocconi” sessions who are admitted to the first year of a Master of Science program at Bocconi will be taken into consideration for a Merit Award.
Academic profiles considered to be amongst the top applicants will be considered for a Merit Award based on the admission's application submitted to Bocconi University. A separate application will not be required. The Bocconi Merit Award evaluation will primarily be based on the candidate’s academic achievement. In addition to academic achievement, the complete dossier provided to the Admissions office will be evaluated. The Selection of awardees will be carried out by a Committee, nominated by the Rector, including the Dean of the Graduate School and the Dean for International Affairs, whose decisions about numbers, amounts and recipients is final and unquestionable. The number of awards to applicants will not be equally divided amongst the different rounds. The majority of awards will be allocated - for each category of students (International, Italian, and Bocconi candidates) - in the first relevant rounds: the final percentage of awarding for each round is at the discretion of the Committee.
The assignment of an award will be communicated to awarded students together with admission results and with a separate and more detailed email by the Fees, Funding and Housing Office.
Awarded students will need to follow the procedure indicated in the email they will receive by the Fees, Funding and Housing Office soon after the publication of admission results and therefore complete the online scholarship acceptance procedure by the enrollment deadline.
The scholarship acceptance procedure can be accessed only after completing the enrollment procedure.
A renewal application is not required. The Merit Award will be automatically renewed for the second year (AY 2021-2022) provided the awardee earns at least 50 credits as of 10 August 2021.
Students will automatically lose the award if:
- verifications carried out by the Fees, Funding and Housing Office reveal false declarations made by the student for the assignment of the award: the revocation shall take effect starting from the moment in which the illicit behavior took place and shall entail the full payment of due tuition and fees - and housing fees, if the merit award included free accommodation - starting from the academic year in which the student benefited from the waiver following false declarations (articles 71 and 75 of Italian D.P.R. 445/2000);
- they receive disciplinary sanctions imposed by Bocconi University: disciplinary sanctions imposed by Bocconi University will result in a revocation of the benefit starting from the day the disciplinary sanction is imposed. Students whose award is revoked will be required to pay any tuition and fees - and housing, if the merit award included free accommodation - installments that may still be due at the date of the revocation, according to the official deadlines defined by the Fees, Funding and Housing Office.
The Bocconi Graduate Merit Award is supported by:
- Banca Finanziaria Internazionale
- Roberto Bertazzoni
- Helga Gentry
- Global Thinking Foundation in memoria di Celestina Billotti Segre
- Esmeralda e Paolo Merloni
- Pirelli Tyre SpA
- Davide Serra
- Unicredit Foundation