Program Director Massimo Guidolin
This is a very complete program that offers challenging courses in all areas of finance, investment banking, corporate finance and advisory, quantitative finance, risk management, derivatives and asset pricing.
Teaching is structured along a number of alternative strategies and methodologies that combine:
- Case studies as applied to practical valuation problems of firms and investment projects
- Group assignments, in addition to individual studies and assignments in accounting, valuation and theory of finance courses
- Hands-on lab sessions based on modern software to develop skills in managing data and illustrate typical results from the application of statistical methods in the econometrics sequence
- Simulated trading sessions in the derivatives sequence
- Meetings and guest sessions with operators from top financial institutions. These moments of first-hand testimony, integrated into many subjects, are a great opportunity for our students. They are facilitated by the fact that Bocconi is at the heart of a financial center like Milan, a natural international crossroads for exchange and relationships.
The program presents many career opportunities as managers, analysts and economists at banks, insurance companies and other financial institutions, as well as consultants in either corporate finance advisory or finance divisions of large consulting companies and financial authorities and regulators.