Master of Science Programs 2020/21 AY
CEMS MIM, CHINA MIM and ESSEC-Bocconi Double Degree Programs
Bocconi University offers three strongly international MSc Programs:
How to apply
Each candidate interested in the CEMS MIM Program, CHINA MIM Program and/or ESSEC-Bocconi Double Degree must apply online, expressing his/her own preferences.
Each option is independent of the others MSc programs. In particular:
- CEMS MIM and CHINA MIM programs are independent choices of International Management;
- ESSEC-Bocconi Double Degree program is an independent choice of Management in English.
For International Candidates, the choice of the CHINA MIM program in the application will be available in the first 4 rounds of selection but, due to deadlines compatibility, interested candidates are strongly recommended to apply by the 3rd round.
Entry and curricular requirements
1. CHINA MIM:
- Students whose nationalities belong to the Greater China Region (including Hong Kong SAR, Macao SAR and Taiwan) cannot apply for CHINA MIM
- Third-year Bachelor students who apply for the CHINA MIM program should graduate by June 2020 if enrolled at international universities, July 2020 if graduating at Bocconi or at Italian universities
- Third-year Bachelor students who apply for the CHINA MIM program must have a valid passport for the a.y. 2020-2021 starting from 1st May 2020 until 30th September 2021
All the candidates must be fluent in two foreign languages on top of their mother tongue/s. Please consider that knowledge of a second language (other than English/ mother tongue) will be not required as compulsory during the application period, but it will positively evaluated for selection purposes. For non- English natives, English must be the 1st foreign language, proved by one of the certificates listed here
3. ESSEC-BOCCONI Double Degree:
- All applicants (except for Bocconi applicants) must provide a GMAT 600 (or an official GRE equivalent to GMAT 600, with at least 150 in the quantitative and verbal sections) by 27 July 2020.
- Candidates holding a French High School diploma or French Bachelor Degree or applicants who were rejected (or refused participation to) Graduate Programs offered by ESSEC are not eligible for double degree program at ESSEC.
Admission to the CEMS MIM, CHINA MIM, ESSEC-Bocconi DD Program is quite selective.
Students are selected for their outstanding profile:
- High academic standards and professional skills;
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast changing environment;
- Empathy with different cultures, values and behaviors;
- Willingness to take responsibilities within society;
The key selection criteria will be assessed through written and/or online application documents and through a personal/video assessment interview.
In addition to the elements of evaluation valid for all the MSc programs (that can vary according to the category of applicants) the Admission Committee needs to evaluate the intellectual potential & knowledge of candidates, together with their international orientation and motivation for the programs.
For this reason, for the selection are required further specific elements of evaluation:
- a specific statement of motivation;
- specific languages requirements;
- a special programs video interview (compulsory): the Admissions Committee needs to evaluate your Communication skills, critical thinking, interpersonal competencies. If necessary, the Committee can also organize phone/Skype interviews.
After the outcomes are released, applicants have nearly 2 weeks in order to confirm the place offered and to pay:
- the first installment advance payment (equal to 2080 Euro)
- the specific Administrative fee requested to confirm participation to the Double Degree Program (equal to 2000 Euro)
More specific information with regard to the Enrollment procedure are available here