Master of Science Programs 2021/22 AY
Selection rounds and timeline
For the 2021/22 AY five selection rounds are available for International candidates.
Round of selection
Results release date and beginning of the enrollment period*
16 September 2020 – 26 November 2020
8 January 2021
November 2020 – 28 January 2021
11 March 2021
2021 – 11 March 2021
27 April 2021
2021 – 21 April 2021
25 May 2021
2021 – 27 May 2021
|2 July 2021|
* the enrollment period
normally lasts 2-3 weeks.
More information will be available in
the relevant section in the next months.
The slots for the most sought after programs and the majority of scholarships are likely to be allocated in the early rounds.
Please note that, for International applicantsm the choice of the CHINA MIM program in the application will be available in the first 4 rounds of selection.
If you were not admitted the first time you apply, you may apply one more time during the same academic year. However, please be aware that:
- You may apply a maximum of two times for the same academic year; any subsequent applications will not be evaluated.
- During the second application, at least one element of your application needs to have changed when submitted for the second time (i.e. higher test score, changes in your choice of program, etc.).
- Due to the overlapping calendar, you may not be able to apply for the second time in the 5th round if you applied for the first time in the 4th round.
Programs and class groups
All applicants may select up to 5 programs in the Bocconi application:
- MSc programs offered both in Italian and English represent two different choices;
- CEMS MIM and CHINA MIM Special Programs are considered as different and separated from the “International Management” program; ESSEC-Bocconi DD Special Program is considered as different and separated from the “Management in English” program; (for further details on application to CEMS MIM, CHINA MIM and ESSEC-Bocconi DD visit the dedicated webpage)
- For International applicants, the MSc in Cyber Risk Strategy and Governance will also be among the choices available in the online application
- Applicants to the Bocconi-LSE DD Program and Bocconi-Science Po DD Program and are required to complete a different specific application (information available starting in late September)
Before selecting the programs in the online application, we kindly invite candidates to carefully check the Language of instruction of each Program (English or Italian). Please note that no change of program will be granted after the deadline for the enrollment.
Elements of selection
In the 5 selection rounds,
International candidates are selected on the basis of a process that takes into
consideration all elements of their profile, focusing on 3 compulsory elements
of evaluation (applications will not be evaluated if any of the 3 following
elements is missing):
- Results of the GMAT (or GRE) test
The aptitude test scores provide a fair and objective way to compare applications.
Bocconi requires only the total score (Verbal and Quantitative sections) of the GMAT or GRE (online version will be accepted)
No particular scores are required to participate to the selections.
- Grade point average of exams passed in the
The undergraduate GPA and transcripts are an indication of the applicant's previous academic performance. No particular scores are required to participate to the selections.
- Evaluation of the Curriculum vitae / Resumée and Personal statement
The Director of the Master of Science program will evaluate the various documents and information included in the dossier and verify the applicant's overall profile, experience and knowledge.
Motivational letters/CV supporting the candidate's application must be in English.
You can also upload a Video presentation (optional) in English on the Kira Talent platform as an additional element to your application.
CEMS MIM, CHINA MIM, ESSEC-Bocconi Double Degrees: further elements of evaluation are required (a personal statement and a
COMPULSORY video presentation) for applicants to the CEMS MIM and/or CHINA MIM
and/or ESSEC-Bocconi Double Degree international programs, which strongly
weighs qualitative/motivational aspects.
Requirements: valid bachelor qualification
Applicants can enter the selection process if they acquire/have acquired a valid and recognized 1st cycle qualification (Undergraduate level). Check here those considered valid and recognized.
- The qualification must be acquired by and no later than October 2021 or the first graduation session available after the summer break, if available after October 2021.
- Only for China MIM Program, International candidates must acquire and submit their qualification by June 2021
Preferential consideration for the admission is given to applicants whose undergraduate work is still underway or was concluded less than two years prior to the moment of application. Applicants with other profiles are considered subsequently.
Students enrolled in a Double Degree program should participate in admissions according to the first University of enrollment. For example: students enrolled in a Russian University for a Double Degree program with an Italian University should participate in the admissions process as an International Applicant.
Requirements: English language
For selection purposes, English certifications are not required, BUT, in
case of admission, a valid English language requirement MUST be provided by the
enrollment deadline and in any case by the end of June 2021.
We invite candidates to check here the English language requirements needed in case of admission.
How to apply
In order to participate in the selection it is necessary to:
- submit an
online application through the My Application portal (How it works?)
- Pay the application fee of €100 (for each submitted application)
To pay you have to login at the Paytool webpage and follow the steps below:
- Login with your Username and Password of "My application" Portal
- Choose the option "ADMISSIONS OFFICE" and push the button "PROCEED"
- Choose the corresponding selection product you are applying for, and push the button "PROCEED"
- Follow the instructions to make the payment and push the button "MAKE PAYMENT"