Timeline and Selection Process
Bocconi Applicants 2022-23 AY
Bocconi students have two selection rounds to apply for Master of science programs, the Early session and the Career session.
Bocconi applicants are offered around 65% of the total spots available and, in particular, up to the 60% of the spots available are assigned in the Early Session.
|Early Session||Career Session|
||15 July — 15 September 2021
(at 12:00 pm — noon)
Mid February 2022 — 28 April 2022
(at 12:00 — noon)
|Results release date:
||26 October 2021
|| 24 May 2022
||26 October — 16 November 2021
(at 12:00 — noon)
| 24 May — 13 June 2022
(at 12:00 — noon)
In order to participate in the Early Session or Career Session, applicants must meet the following requirements:
|Early Session||Career Session|
* Exceptionally, students who are "in corso" and have a weighted average of at least 28/30 (without
rounding), have registered in their career at least 102 credits (among those
provided in the study plan) can take part in the selection process.
Please read the following paragraphs for details on selection criteria.
All applicants may select up to 5 MSc programs in each Bocconi application:
- MSc programs offered both in Italian and English represent two different choices
- The selection process for CEMS MIM, China MIM, ESSEC-Bocconi Double Degree special programs takes place at the same time as selection for other MSc programs, but must be expressed as different and separate from the “International Management” and “Management” programs respectively
- Applicants to the LSE-Bocconi and Sciences Po- Bocconi Double Degree are required to complete a different specific application
- Motivational letters supporting the candidate's application must be in English, if one or more programs amongst those selected are taught in English.
Before selecting the programs in the online application, we kindly invite applicants to carefully check the language of instruction of each program (English or Italian). Please note that no change of program will be granted after the deadline for the enrollment.
Selection Criteria — Early Session
Selection Criteria — Career Session
In the “Student Career Session,” the academic career completed and recorded at 30 April 2022 is an element of evaluation (exams, registered internships, eligibility/tests are evaluated).
Applicants who have acquired at least 110 credits (exams, internships and eligibility/tests are evaluated) can participate in the Student Career Session by April 2022.
Elements of evaluation include:
- educational activities (exams) with grades in thirtieths set out in the program structure, that have been passed and recorded in the academic career by April 2022.
IMPORTANT: Students who intend to request recognition of an international certificate as an exam in the study plan must submit the request for recognition of a language certificate through the Help & Contact procedure. All forms completed correctly (scan of valid certificate accepted by the Language Center and scan of original signed conversion form completed correctly) must be submitted by APRIL 2022 (date tbd) in order for the activity to be included in the study plan by 30 April 2022. The time required for conversion is approximately 15 business days.
There is no guarantee that recognition requests submitted after April 2022 (date tbd) will be handled in time for the activity to be included in the study plan by 30 April. Please read the detailed information available at Language Certificate Recognition
- any exams taken abroad during the Exchange Program, will be evaluated for the purposes of this admissions only if registered in the study plan, with date of registration and grade in thirtieths, by the deadline of 30 April.
- curricular internship activities recorded on the transcript by April 2022.
- participation in international Exchange programs that began before the month of April 2022. In light of the ongoing health emergency, we kindly invite all students assigned an exchange program to check their position in advance with the Study Abroad office.
- Status of “in corso” student
Students interested in admission to CEMS MIM/CHINA MIM/ESSEC-Bocconi DD are required to provide further elements of evaluation (i.e. motivational letter, video interview, etc.).
CHECK YOUR EDUCATIONAL ACTIVITIES
Applicants will be able to verify the list of the educational activities that will be considered for the selection process (i.e. exams, recorded curricular internship, eligibility/seminars) starting Early May 2022 (date tbc), directly on "MyApplication" (“Attività formative_Educational activities” section).
Anyone who has applied can verify the list of educational activities, regardless of whether they meet the requirements strictly defined for this selection round (110 credits passed by April 2022).
Please consider that the following will not be visible on MyApplication:
- the exchange program (since it is not an activity that appears with a grade and/or credits in your study plan)
- the points attributed for a recorded curricular internship, Exchange program, position of “in corso" student as attributed only later, once the ranking is defined.
Only in the case of incorrect data, we ask that you contact the Academic Services Desk (through the H&C procedure, Exam Registration topic) and report any incorrect data, requesting it to be updated by and no later than the first week of May 2022 (date tbc).
If students report anomalies or inaccuracies related to their study plan after that date, the Admissions Office will not, under any circumstances, be able to accept and update the information in the academic career. This is because all the steps required for creating and defining the final ranking will have already started. Furthermore, such reports cannot be accepted even as a request for reviewing the application after results have been published.
Admission Ranking — Early Session
For the Early Session, the admissions ranking is created only if the number of applications exceeds 60% of available spots, and only for the program(s) that exceed this limit. This means that applicants will be admitted if the total number of applications received for their first choice program is lower than 60% of available places. In the event that the number of applications exceeds 60% of available spots, an admissions ranking will be created and available spots will be assigned based on the ranking.
Students who are ranked highest and have at least 110 credits will be admitted (on a quantitative basis) without further evaluation.
The last 20% of the slots available will be assigned after a specific evaluation of twice the number of applicants compared to the spots to be awarded, including applicants who have at least 102 credits.
Evaluation of profiles in the ranking will be completed by the Master of Science Program Director who, in the overall assessment of profiles, may take into account both the weighted GPA and the credits recorded and a qualitative assessment resulting from examining the CV/résumé and personal statement provided in the online application.
Applicants who have been deemed not admitted to the first choice program will be considered for their alternative choices (if expressed), following the above-indicated procedure.
At the end of the online enrollment period, the Admissions Office will verify that everyone who has completed the enrollment form actually meet the requirements.
If the requirements are not met, the application for enrollment cannot be taken into consideration.
Considering the strong motivational aspect for the CEMS MIM, CHINA MIM and ESSEC-Bocconi DD programs, interested students will also be subject to a specific evaluation by the Program Director, regardless of the number of applications received. For this purpose, applicants interested in these programs will have to provide specific documentation (statement of motivation and video interview, both in English).
Starting this year, the Cyber Risk Strategy and Governance Joint Master of Science program, created between Bocconi and Polimi, will also be among the choices available in the online application. Also in this case profiles will be evaluated by the Program Director regardless of the number of applications received. For admission to this program, it will therefore be required to upload a CV and a dedicated motivational letter.
In case of non-admission, your application may be resubmitted in the second "Student Career" admission round (the application can be submitted approximately in the period February - April 2022).
Thank you to the recently signed partnership with Yale School of Management, students admitted to International Management or Management (in English) will be offered the opportunity to apply for a two-year Double Degree program.
By spending the full first year at Bocconi and the second year at Yale, accepted students will have the chance to be awarded both degrees (MSc in Management or International Management at Bocconi and Yale Master’s Degree in Global Business and Society)
Students interested in this opportunity need to obtain a GMAT and have at least a 12-week full-time working experience before starting the program, being those some of the requirements to apply.
Further information on timeline and requirements to apply will be communicated after Bocconi admissions results to students admitted to IM/M(Eng).
Admissions Ranking — Career Session
For the Career Session, the ranking score is made up of the algebraic sum of:
point average, weighted according to the credit value of exams passed by April 2022 (the date of the exam session reported in Punto Blu must be the same as or before 30 April 2022). In the calculation of the average for
exams that include more than one module, the individual modules will be
considered, not the overall grade. The score obtained will be converted into a score out of 110.
For applicants who have already graduated, this average corresponds to the weighted average regarding all exams in the study plan (NOT the graduation grade).
Any additional exams on the student career will also be taken into consideration
- 1 point out of 110 for a curricular internship recorded by April 2022
point out of 110 for participating in an
international Exchange program, which started within 30 April 2022. In light of the ongoing health emergency, we kindly invite all students assigned an exchange program to check their position in advance with the Study Abroad office.
Please note that participation in Campus Abroad, Double Degree or Free Mover programs is not valid for the purposes of the ranking.
Furthermore, for applicants with the position of “in corso” student the following is attributed:
- 1 point out of 110 for "in corso” students in the month of April 2022
- 1 more point out of 110 for "in corso" students in the month of April 2022 who acquired at least 130 credits (exams, recorded internships, eligibility) by the month of April 2022. When calculating credits, all credits acquired (exams, recorded internships, eligibility) will be considered.
Furthermore, for applicants WITHOUT the position of “in corso” student the following is attributed:
- 0 points out of 110 for students not yet graduated at the time of application, who enrolled for the first time in any university degree program (Bocconi and non) in the 2018-2019 a.y.;
- 0 points out of 110 for applicants who have already graduated from Bocconi within 3 or 4 academic years from their first year of enrollment in the university system (Bocconi or non-Bocconi);
- -1 point out of 110 for students not yet graduated at the time of application, who enrolled for the first time in any university degree program (Bocconi and non) in the 2017-2018 a.y. For each year of enrollment in the university system prior to the 2017-2018 a.y. a further point will be deducted;
- -1 point out of 110 for applicants graduating from Bocconi in 5 years after their first year of enrollment in the university system (Bocconi or non-Bocconi). For each year of enrollment in the university system after the fifth year, another point will be deducted.
Points in the ranking will be designated based on these criteria and spots will be assigned in descending order from the first place (with the highest score) being allocated to the first choice Master of Science program until all available places have been filled, or to the second, third, fourth and fifth choice if necessary, until all available places have been filled.
A limited number of non-admitted applicants may be included on a "waiting list." Students will be informed about their position in the” waiting list” after results are released. At the end of the enrollment period, after all available places have been confirmed, students on the "waiting list" may be offered places (dedicated to Bocconi applicants) that are not filled.
"in corso" students 2022-23
Students are considered “in corso” for the purposes of admission to the Master of Science programs, if they are enrolled in their third year in the 2021-2022 a.y. and:
- Have enrolled for the first time in the university system in the 2019-2020 AY at Bocconi University; or
- Have enrolled for the first time in the university system in the 2019-2020 AY at another University, and enrolled at Bocconi in their second year in the 2020-2021 a.y. (e.g. students transferring from another University WITH recognition at Bocconi of credits acquired during the previous university experience); or
- Have enrolled for the first time in the university system on a date prior to the 2019-2020 AY, at Bocconi University, or at another University, on condition that in the 2019-2020 AY they started the Bocconi career considered for the evaluation to the MSc Programs, and DID NOT benefit from a credits recognition from the previous university career
Any course, eligibility, internship, seminar or other activity expressed in credits that is carried over into the Bocconi career which the applicant submits during admission, even if an additional course, is considered credit recognition from the previous university career.
- For example:
- Students who transferred from another University who enrolled in their first year at Bocconi in the 2019-2020 AY WITHOUT recognition at Bocconi of credits acquired previously;
- Students with a first-level degree completed at another University who then enrolled at Bocconi in their first year in the 2019-2020 AY WITHOUT requesting credit recognition.
PLEASE NOTE: The status of "in corso" student for the purposes of admission to the Master of Science programs does not necessarily coincide with the student’s status of “in corso” as defined by the administrative enrollment procedures for Bachelor of Science students.