Language Certification recognition
Procedure for language certification recognition in the student’s academic career
The student who intends to apply for the recognition of a language certification as an alternative to the internal exam for curricular languages or as additional course, also with reference to extracurricular languages for which there is no internal exam, must follow the new procedure described below:
1. Verify that the certification to be recognized respects the defined parameters, specifically that:
- it is listed in the ones recognized by Bocconi (see list of certifications and conversion tables below)
- Has been taken no more than 3 years before the date of recognition application submission of the application for recognition (no more than 2 years for TOEFL test and, starting from 1 September 2019, also for the IELTS, as required by the certification body);
- can be verified online
- Is of a level equal to or higher than required level (check information on curricular languages and levels in the “Foreign Languages” chapter of the Guide to the University of your Study Program and the rules available in the Rules section)
2. Check the grade by consulting the tables available on below link:
- Certifications recognized for the Bachelor of Science Programs
- Certifications recognized for the Integrated Master of Arts in Law
- Certifications recognized for the Master of Science Programs
3. Fill out entirely the form available at this link.
4 .Print the form filled out, sign it, specify the date and make a scan of it.
5. Send a scan of it with date and original signature together with a scan of the certification, using the Help& Contact procedure available in the yoU@B Diary, topic LANGUAGES> Language certifications.
Wait for the reply by the Language Center which will indicate the outcome of the application submitted.
If the form
has been completed correctly and the conversion request is accepted, the grade
out of 30 resulting from the conversion will be recorded indicatively within
two weeks than the request date.
If the form is completed incorrectly, the student will receive indication about it and he/she will have to submit a new request attaching again the form and scanned copy of the certification.
N.B.: It is specified that the date of submission of the complete and correct request must be indicated on the form. In case of inconsistency, the certification will be recorded with the date corresponding to the complete and correct request submission.
It is specified that the student has the responsibility to carefully check the recognized certifications and rules for conversion, before submitting certification request of recognition.
Submitting a certification request of conversion DOES NOT IMPLY that the application will be accepted by the Language Center.