Language Certification recognition
Procedure for language certification recognition in the student’s academic career
The student who intends to apply for the recognition of a language certification as an alternative to the internal exam for curricular languages or as additional course, also with reference to extracurricular languages for which there is no internal exam, must follow the new procedure described below:
1. Verify that the certification to be recognized respects the defined parameters, specifically that:
- the certification is listed in the ones recognized by Bocconi (see list of certifications and conversion tables below)
- the language certification recognition request must be submitted within 3 years after the date of the certification test (2 years for the TOEFL test and, starting from 1 September 2019, 2 years also for IELTS)
- the certification can be verified online
- the certification is of a level equal to or higher than required level. Please check information on curricular languages and levels in the “Foreign Languages” chapter of the Guide to the University of your Study Program and the rules available in the Rules section)
2. Check the grade by consulting the tables available on below link:
- Certifications recognized for the Bachelor of Science Programs
- Certifications recognized for the Integrated Master of Arts in Law
- Certifications recognized for the Master of Science Programs
3. Submit the language certification recognition request:
can be recorded on the transcript starting in the first year for Bachelor of Science Programs and Integrated
Master of Arts in Giurisprudenza (therefore even before the first internal exam
session for which the student could register). For the Master of Science, can
be recoded as an alternative to the Bocconi exam starting in the second
semester of the first year;
- For certifications taken from 1 September 2019 by the students enrolled in BSc Programs and in CLMG program from the 2014-15 cohort and in MSc Programs from the 2018-19 cohort: filling out the application via the “Language certification recognition” procedure available on the yoU@B “Language Center” widget.
- For valid certifications taken by 31 August 2019 or for students enrolled in former cohorts than the ones specified above: following the instructions here below.
It is specified that the student has the responsibility to carefully check the recognized certifications and rules for conversion, before submitting certification request of recognition.
Submitting a certification request of conversion DOES NOT IMPLY that the application will be accepted by the Language Center.
Instructions to submit the request of recognition of a language certification for students enrolled in former cohorts (see above) and/or for certifications taken by 31 August 2019:
- Fill out entirely the form available at this link.
- Print the form filled out, sign it, specify the date and make a scan of it.
- Send a scan of it with date and original signature together with a scan of the certification, using the Help& Contact procedure available in the yoU@B Diary, topic LANGUAGES.
- Wait for the reply by the Language Center which will indicate the outcome of the
If the form has been completed correctly and the conversion request is accepted, the grade out of 30 resulting from the conversion will be recorded indicatively within two weeks than the request date.
If the form is completed incorrectly, the student will receive indication about it and he/she will have to submit a new request attaching again the form and scanned copy of the certification.
It is specified that the date of submission of the complete and correct request must be indicated on the form. In case of inconsistency, the certification will be recorded with the date corresponding to the complete and correct request submission.