Facebook pixel Student Visas - Bocconi University Milan
logo stampa

Student Visas

All non-EU exchange students are required to apply for a Student Visa before coming to Italy.

To learn more about visa application deadlines and requirements, check http://vistoperitalia.esteri.it/home/en. A guided procedure will help you find out whether you need to apply for a visa and where - based on your nationality, country of residence, reasons for visit and length of stay. You may be required to apply for a visa in your home country OR in your country of residence.

VISA requirements could vary for every country and Institution. The official Acceptance Letter, issued by Bocconi University, is required.

Students have to complete a 2-step application:

Pre-register and submit the application on the Universitaly portal (mandatory) at https://www.universitaly.it/ by November 30, 2023.

Apply for the study visa: due to the global situation some Consulates’ procedures might have shifted and vary from Consulate to Consulate. Therefore students should follow the instructions provided on the website of the Consulate where they are going to apply. We recommend that students get informed about visa procedures well in advance.


Pre-register on the Universitaly portal on https://www.universitaly.it/index.php/

To register, click on "First steps in Italy" box in the homepage and follow the registration guide. After that click on “Pre-enroll now" that will appear in your personal area.

You will be asked to fill out a 3 step-form.

STEP A: you will be asked to complete the form with your personal data: they must be entered exactly as shown on your passport.

STEP B: you will need to:

  • fill out the form with your passport number and expiration date, then upload it (the page with your personal data only)
  • upload a passport-size picture of your face
  • select the country and the Italian Embassy or Consulate where you will be requesting your visa; then in the section “specify the reason for the visa application” type in “I want to spend a period of mobility for study/traineeship (e.g. Erasmus)”
  • select the University (Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi), select Corsi Singoli in “course type” drop-down list
  • in the “course name” tab, type in “Exchange Program”

STEP C: as an exchange student, in this section you just have to submit your Bocconi acceptance letter (downloadable from the Bocconi online Exchange Program application). In the “Qualifications and Language Certificates” drop-down list, select “Other”, then type in “Bocconi Acceptance Letter” in the “Qualification name” tab and upload the letter.

For technical assistance when completing the form, refer directly to universitaly@cineca.it

Once in Italy, all Non-EU students will have to obtain a "Permesso di Soggiorno" (Permit of Stay). Further info available at this link.




Last modified 17/10/2023 - 12:54:19