Facebook pixel Health Insurance - Bocconi University Milan
logo stampa

Health Insurance

Before your arrival make sure you are properly covered, in case you need medical care during your stay in Italy. Bocconi University does not provide students with an insurance policy. Check if the social security scheme of your country of residence insures you against the cost of medical treatment in Italy. 

EU citizens: be sure to bring the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which entitles the holder to get necessary treatments at the same cost as a citizen of that country. The card is valid only for state-provided services, as private health is not covered. We suggest that, before your departure, you verify with the social security administration of your home country how to get the card and which services are covered.

EU citizens can also apply for Form S1. You should obtain your S1 form from the healthcare institution of your home country before your departure. Double-check the possibility of obtaining the S1 with the social security institution of your country of residence, as each EU member state might have different requirements.

Non-EU citizens: before leaving your home country you are strongly recommended to have a health insurance policy with international validity. In order to get the Permit of Stay you will be asked to prove that you are covered against the cost of medical treatments for the entire duration of your stay in Italy.

Last modified 16/12/2021 - 14:49:25