European Week 2023
26 - 30 June 2023
The third edition of the CIVICA European week will take place on 26— 30 June 2023 and will be hosted (in presence) at Sciences Po (Paris Campus) on the topic "Ecological Transitions: Cities on the frontline".
The Topic: "Ecological Transitions: Cities on the frontline"
Designed by the Undergraduate College and the Sciences Po Urban School, the 2023 CIVICA European Week constitutes an excellent opportunity for students to explore the existent (and the future) pathways to urban sustainability. Under the broader scope of ecological literacy, the event is intended to provide a comprehensive understanding of the challenges and opportunities related to cities and the governing of climate change.
The programme combines diverse methodologies and is structured according to a transdisciplinary, multi-scalar and experiential approach.
The agenda includes immersive learning experiences and off-campus activities (i.e. cultural institutions, exemplary municipalities specialized in environmental-friendly policies, etc.).
The urban framework constitutes an interesting viewpoint for understanding the political and socio-economic stakes related to environmental issues. Students will have the opportunity to build engaging dialogues with practitioners, scholars and decision-makers while proposing innovative and upscaling ideas to foster the processes of ecological transition(s).
The event starts with several seminars intended to shed light on the debates and controversies inherent to ecological transitions. It then focuses on the ways in which cities are facing current economic, social and environmental issues. Through the framework of urban sustainability, students will learn to:
- Understand the
relevance of cities in Europe’s transition to sustainability;
- Analyse the environmental and climate challenges related to the implementation of major urban projects through the use of specific and localized case studies
- Foster a dialogue with the wide range of stakeholders involved and engaged in institutional and/or social environmental initiatives at the urban scale
- Design a collective project within a pan-European community to provide innovative and creative ideas to manage current (and future) urban ecological transitions
- Monday 26 June 2023: arrival in Paris
- Tuesday 27 June 2023: start of pedagogical activities
- Friday 30 June 2023: end of pedagogical activities at 17.00 and departures
The European Week 2023 is open to:
- Bocconi Bachelor students regularly enrolled in the 2nd year in Academic Year 2022/2023
- WBB students attending the 3rd year of the program at Bocconi in Academic Year 2022/2023
Applicants must be Proficient in English, to be demonstrated through:
1. Bocconi English Language Exam of Level B2
2. International Certificate accepted by Bocconi Language Center at B2 Level
3. Enrolment in a Program taught in English
How to Apply
Apply for the European Week 2023 from your you@B diary (yoU@B> International Programs > CIVICA European Week 2023), applications will open on 12/04/2023 at 17.00 CEST and will close on 26/04/2023 at 23:59 CEST.
You’ll be required to:
- upload your CV in English
- specify how you’ll prove your English Language proficiency
- record a short video-interview through visiotalent following the instructions you’ll find in your you@B diary
case you will prove your English proficiency through an English Certificate,
please remember to send copy via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26/04/2023 at 23:59 CEST
video-interview must be recorded within the abovementioned deadline
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
Applicants will be ranked according to:
- Evaluation of students’ dossier (GPA, ECTS, previous CIVIC engagement/voluntary experiences, proficiency in English)
- Video Interviews (Motivation, Communication and relational skills, sensitivity to socially responsible citizenship)
In case, the candidate is not considered suitable for the program, he/she will not be selected, regardless of his/her academic performance.
10 slots are available for Bocconi students; the results of the selection will be communicated via e-mail by 12 May 2023.
Please note that if selected for the European Week 2023, the student will be asked to commit to the following:
1.Taking an engage course at Bocconi during
academic year 2023/2024
Please note this requirement can be lifted for BIEM, WBB, BIG and BESS students provided the following courses are passed in Academic Year 2022/2023:
- 30056 - EUROPEAN ECONOMIC POLICY for BIEM and WBB students
- 30564 - ECONOMICS AND POLITICS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION for BIG students
- 30458 - STRATEGIC DECISION MAKING AND MARKETS for BESS students
2.Completing the showcase assignment before
CIVICA European Week is a central element of the CIVICA EngageTrack
Travel and Accommodation
- Participation is free of charge. Students’
participation costs (travel and accommodation) will be funded by CIVICA.
- Selected students will receive detailed
instructions on how to proceed with travel bookings from the CIVICA Bocconi
team. Please note that ex-post refunds are not allowed.
- No airport pickups will be organized,
students are expected to reach the accommodation by themselves (detailed
instructions will be provided later on).
- Accommodation will be provided from Monday 26 June 2023 (check-in starting in the evening) until Friday 30 June 2023 (check-out in the morning). Luggage storage is provided in loco.
For additional information: email@example.com