For the participation in international mobility programs a.y. 2020-21
If you will be assigned a room in one of the Bocconi residence Halls for a.y. 2020-21 and during the same academic year you will take part in the Exchange program, Free Mover or you will participate in an off campus internship recognized by Bocconi University, you can ask to temporarily sublet your room to another Bocconi student, who must be regularly enrolled in a Bachelor, Master of Science or Integrated Master of Arts in Law program, only for the period of the international experience. The participation in the international program will be verified by the offices.
It is your responsibility to find and indicate the name of a Bocconi student interested in temporarily occupying your room – for the duration of the experience only. We suggest you to visit the link to the unofficial Facebook group handled by students representatives that may be useful to find another Bocconi student interested in a temporary room assignment.
Please note that:
- In case of rooms with shared bathroom, it is necessary that the subleasing student is of the same gender of the student who sublets his/her room.
- the room can be temporarily sublet only for full months.
- the student who will temporarily occupy the room will not have to meet economic or merit requirements.
In addition, and with reference to the due housing fees in case of temporary sublease:
- For students participating to the international program/internship during a.y. 2020-21, the housing fees will be determined according to the monthly fee.
- should the sublet room be at full rate, the student who temporarily occupies it will be charged the full rate (monthly fee);
- should the sublet room be at reduced rate, the student who temporarily occupies it will be charged:
1. The monthly fee defined for her/his ISU bracket, if already assigned or in assignment (according to the ISU Regulations 2020-21) for a.y. 2020-21 and in any case only if the student meets the economic requirements foreseen for the reduced rate housing;
2. Or the full rate
How and when to submit your temporary sublease application
Temporary sublease applications can be submitted only by 2020-21 room assignees who meet merit and/or economic and enrollment requirements as defined for housing applications.
In case of lack of one or more requirements and subsequent revocation of housing assignment, the temporary sublease application will NOT be considered valid.
The student who sublets her/his room is responsible for any missing payment and, should that be the case, she/he will be required to reimburse the University.
The temporary sublease application will need to be submitted through the online procedure that can be accessed from the "Links" box, and only during the following periods:
- From 24/06/2020 to 01/07/2019 (for students who take part in the international program during the I or II semester a.y. 2020-21);
- From 04/11/2020 to 11/11/2020 (only for students who take part in the international program during the II semester a.y. 2020-21).