Reduced rate housing new admission application
- Application procedure
- Subsequent verifications by the Office and assignment cancelation
- Exceptional cases
Reasons for exclusion
You can submit a reduced rate housing new admission application for a.y. 2020-21 only if you meet the requirements below:
1st year students
In a.y. 2020-21 you are enrolled for the first time ever in the regular first year of a Bachelor of Science, Integrated Master of Arts, Master of Science or PhD program at Bocconi University.
During a.y. 2019-20 you are enrolled in the 3rd year of a Bocconi Bachelor of Science program and for a.y. 2020-21 you intend to enroll to the 1st year of a Bocconi Master of Science program.
Later year students
In a.y. 2020-21 you will enroll for the first time ever in a regular year of course subsequent to the first of a Bachelor of Science, Integrated Master of Arts, Master of Science or PhD program at Bocconi University.
b. Merit requirements
1st year students
Students enrolled in the 1st year of a program for a.y. 2020-21 and Bocconi students who during a.y. 2019-20 are enrolled in the 3rd year of a Bachelor of Science program and for a.y. 2020-21 intend to enroll to the 1st year of a Bocconi Master of Science program do not have to meet any merit requirement.
Later year students
You need to meet all the merit requirements foreseen for housing applications a.y. 2020-21. The number of credits required must be obtained and registered by 10 August 2020.
c. Economic requirements
You are in possession of all the economic requirements that, for the a.y. 2020-21, will be defined by the Lombardy Region and published on the final Housing Application Requirements and Regulations a.y. 2020-21 and of the documentation required to access the benefits of the Right to University Education a.y. 2020-21. Please visit the "Economic requirements and documentation" webpage to consult all the information and to prepare the necessary documentation.
d. Registered residence
You are a non-resident student, meaning that you are not resident in one of the “in sede” or “commuting” municipalities in the list.
2. Application procedure
The application will be available
from 31 March to 16 April 2020
by accessing the dedicated link:
Reduced rate housing new admission application
The reduced rate housing new admission application for a.y. 2020-21 will need to be submitted exclusively through the online procedure accessible in the dedicated period from the link in the table above. In order to access the online procedure you will need to use your Bocconi credentials (username/matricola and password) and to start the process from one device only.In the online application you will need to:
- fill in all the required information, with particular reference to the ISEE/ISEEU and ISPE/ISPEU values;
- upload all the documentation required to attest your possession of the economic requirements foreseen by the Region of Lombardy to access the benefits of the Right to University Education for a.y. 2020-21
Attention: please verify on the dedicated pages all the information about the possibility of late submission of the ISEE Certificate and ISEEU parificato certificate.
- upload all the documents available in the online application that you need to download, fill out and sign and then upload
Attention: the documents must be signed with handwritten signature corresponding to the signature on the ID document uploaded.
- click on "Conferma dati/Confirm data" and "Inoltra domanda/Confirm application" no later than 16 April 2020, 11:59 pm.
1st year students
If for a.y. 2020-21 you are enrolled in the first year of a course and after having submitted a reduced rate new admission application you also submit a full rate housing new admission application for 1st year students (May 2020) and you obtain a room assignment at that moment, your previous reduced rate housing application will not be accepted and on June 16 you will receive a negative result. Your room assignment for a.y. 2020-21 will be at full rate.
Applications submitted after the deadline and/or following a different procedure as the one outlined on the website and/or supported by incomplete documentation will not be considered valid for the purpose of housing assignment. After the submission, please check regularly in the “Notifications” area of MyApplication possible updates given by the Fees, Funding and Housing Office, that may notify you the need of integration, modification or substitution of documents.
The results of the reduced rate housing new admission application will be communicated on MyApplication by 16 June 2020.
Students eligible for the reduced rate housing new admission a.y. 2020-21 will be offered a housing assignment. Housing assignments will depend on room availability and following students' position in the ranking, as indicated in the Housing Application Requirements and Regulations a.y. 2020-21. Housing assignment will in any case be subject to room availability.
You will be offered a housing assignment for a.y. 2020-21.
In the result, you will be notified the Residence Hall of assignment, the room type assigned, the period of room assignment and the applicable ISU Bocconi bracket, which may be subject to adjustments according to the economic requirements defined by the Lombardy Region for a.y. 2020-21. It will not be possible to modify the housing assignment offer received and room changes are not foreseen.
If you want to accept the room assignment offered, please proceed to the payment of the 500 euros housing deposit and to the upload all the requested documents, completing all these steps by the deadline indicated in the result. Failure to complete the procedure by the deadline will result in the cancelation of the housing assignment. In the following days, the Office will verify your position and all the documents you uploaded for acceptance, and will send you a notification in MyApplication with confirmation of your housing assignment and all the details about check-in and payment of the housing 1st installment.
You will not be offered a housing assignment for a.y. 2020-21.
Please check the possibility to apply for a housing new admission during the residual assignments.
4. Subsequent verifications by the Office and assignment
During summer 2020 the Office will verify for all students the requirements that could not be verified right after the housing application. The requirements that will be verified are listed in the table below:
verified by 26 August 2020
in the AY 2020-2021
Number of credits obtained and registered by 10 August 2020 (only for later year students)
If after the verifications by the Office you will not meet one or more of the requirements foreseen, you will be notified the cancelation of the housing assignment through MyApplication by 26 August 2020
In this case:
- You will be required to leave the residence hall by the day after receiving notification by the office, even if you have already checked in, and in any case no later than 28 August 2020.
- You will not be entitled to receive the housing deposit.
- You may obtain a new housing
assignment by submitting a housing new admission application during the residual assignments, starting from
5. Exceptional cases
If a student has an ISEE/ISEEU Certificate with an ISEE/ISEEU value that will result in a rate change (e.g. ISEE/ISEEU Certificate submitted when applying for a.y. 2020-2021 ISU Bocconi Scholarship) after a reduced rate housing assignment, the student can request a review of the rate applied when assigning housing. Any new rate will be applied starting from the first installment due after such communication and adjusted where applicable.
The office reserves the right to carry out possible further verifications and evaluate potential variations of the ISU bracket applied, as well as to verify, in the way it deems to be most appropriate, the truthfulness and completeness of the submitted documentation.
If you intend to submit a reduced rate housing new admission application for a.y. 2020-2021 and during the same academic year you will participate in an Exchange program, please visit the Temporary Sublease dedicated webpage.
6. Reasons for exclusion
You may not submit a reduced rate housing new admission application for a.y. 2020-21 if you:
- are not in possession of all enrollment and merit requirements;
- present an ISEE/ISEEU and/or ISPE/ISPEU higher than the set limits;
- are resident in one of the “in sede” or “commuting” municipalities in the list,
- have been referred to the Disciplinary Committee, or have been removed from residence halls or have forfeited their assignment because of late payment in any academic year;
- will be enrolled in the first year at Bocconi University in a Bachelor of Science, Integrated Master of Arts or Master of Science program coming from another University (who transferred with or without credit recognition) regardless of the number of credits recognized by Bocconi University. These students must submit an application for new housing admission – residual assignments;
- were already enrolled in other degree programs of the same level or higher than the program for which benefits or services are requested, even in faculties other than those offered by Bocconi University and in years previous to 2020-2021;
- are already in possession of a qualification at equivalent or higher level than the program for which the reduced rate housing is requested for a.y. 2020-21, achieved in Italy or abroad (including qualifications issued prior to the implementation of Italian Ministerial Decree 509/1999);
- when enrolling in a Master of Science program, have already obtained a four-year qualification higher than Bachelor level;
- enroll in the first year repeating or later, after the regular study program, unless they are in a condition of disability equal to or higher than 66%;
- do not achieve the minimum merit requirements by 10 August 2020, considering that they will be calculated starting from the absolute first-year of enrollment.
- students participating in double degree programs, selected or enrolled in the program by the partner University (DDIB CEU-Bocconi program, Double/Joint Degree programs), as they are not in possession of the requirements provided by the Requirements and Regulations;
- are beneficiaries of a study scholarship to cover housing costs in Milan.