Reduced rate housing renewal application
The housing assignment for the 2021-2022 a.y. is granted for the academic year in which the application is submitted, therefore it will not be automatically granted for the following academic years but it is the student's responsibility to verify the possibility to submit a housing renewal application and to apply according to the procedure and deadline that will be provided for in the Housing Application Requirements and Regulations for each academic year of interest.
You may only request renewal of the same room occupied during a.y. 2020-21 and room changes may not be requested. If you wish to change room and/or residence hall for a.y. 2021-22, you need to submit a housing new admission application.
If you are interested in applying for reduced rate housing renewal for the a.y. 2021-22, please find below all the information about:
- Application procedure
- Subsequent verifications by the Office and assignment cancelation
- Exceptional cases
- Reasons for exclusion
You can submit a housing reduced rate renewal application for a.y. 2021-22 only if you meet the requirements below:
You are assigned a room at reduced rate as of 30th March, 2021. You are not entitled to request the renewal of a room that during a.y. 2020-21 you have been occupying on temporary sublease (as subtenant).
b. Enrollment requirements
In a.y. 2021-22 you will enroll for the first time in a regular year of course subsequent to the first. If in a.y. 2020-21 you are enrolled in the 3rd year of a Bocconi Bachelor of Science program and for a.y. 2021-22 you will enroll in the 1st year of a Bocconi Master of Science program, you may confirm your reduced rate housing for a.y. 2021-22. If you are in a condition of disability equal to or higher than 66%, you can exceptionally request the renewal of your housing assignemnt even if for a.y. 2021-22 you will enroll for the first time in the 1st fuori corso year after completing the regular study program years.
c. Merit requirements
You meet all the merit requirements foreseen for housing applications a.y. 2021-22. The number of credits required must be obtained and registered by 10 August 2021.
d. Economic requirements
You are in possession of all the economic requirements that, for the a.y. 2021-22, will be defined by the Lombardy Region and published on the final Housing Application Requirements and Regulations a.y. 2021-22 and of the documentation required to access the benefits of the Right to University Education a.y. 2021-22. Please visit the "Economic requirements and documentation" webpage to consult all the information and to prepare the necessary documentation. If for a.y. 2021-22, you submit an ISEE/ISEEU and/or an ISPE/ISPEU with higher indicators than the approved ones for a.y. 2021-22, you may request the renewal of your housing assignment at full rate, according to the terms foreseen for the full rates.
Students who present an ISEE/ISEEU higher than €23,000 and/or an ISPE/ISPEU higher than €50,000 (For the 2021-2022 academic year, the ISEE/ISEEU and ISPE/ISPEU limits will be defined at a later date by a decision of the Region of Lombardy) may not be assigned reduced rate housing and will automatically be excluded from the ranking. Applicants may then submit a full rate housing application according to the set timescales and methods.
e. Registered residence
You are a non-resident student, meaning that you are not resident in one of the “resident” or “commuting” municipalities in the list.
2. Application procedure
The application will be accessible through:
(link available from 2 April to 18 April 2021)
The reduced rate housing renewal application for a.y. 2021-22 will need to be submitted exclusively through the online procedure accessible in the dedicated period from the link in the table above. In order to access the online procedure you will need to use your Bocconi credentials (username/matricola and password) and to start the process from one device only.In the online application you will need to:
- fill in all the required information, with particular reference to the ISEE/ISEEU and ISPE/ISPEU values;
- upload all the documentation required to attest your possession of the economic requirements foreseen by the Region of Lombardy to access the benefits of the Right to University Education for a.y. 2021-22
- upload all the documents available in the online application that you need to download, fill out and sign and then upload
Attention: the documents must be signed with handwritten signature corresponding to the signature on the ID document uploaded.
- click on "Conferma dati/Confirm data" and "Inoltra domanda/Confirm application" no later than 18 April 2021, 11:59 pm.
Applications submitted after the deadline and/or following a different procedure as the one outlined on the website and/or supported by incomplete documentation will not be considered valid for the purpose of housing assignment. After the submission, please check regularly in the “Notifications” area of MyApplication possible updates given by the Fees, Funding and Housing Office, that may notify you the need of integration, modification or substitution of documents.
The results of the reduced rate housing renewal application will be communicated on MyApplication by 12th May 2021.
Your reduced rate housing assignment for a.y. 2020-21 is renewed for a.y. 2021-22.
Please verify the information about check-out for a.y. 2020-21, i.e. how you are requested to leave your room at the end of your current housing assignment.
Please verify the information about check-in and payment of housing 1st installment for a.y. 2021-22.
For the entire period in which the student is a
resident at a Bocconi residence hall, room changes are not allowed. Bocconi
University, however, is entitled to transfer the resident, even during the
year, to another housing facility at the rate due for the residence hall of
Your reduced rate housing assignment for a.y. 2020-21 is not renewed for a.y. 2021-22.
You will need to vacate your room by the last day of your housing assignment for a.y. 2020-21.
Check the possibility to apply for a new room assignment during the residual assignments.
4. Subsequent verifications by
the Office and assignment cancelation
During summer 2021 the Office will verify for all students those requirements that could not be verified right after the housing application. The requirements that will be verified are listed in the table below:
Requirements verified by and no later than 25th August 2021
Enrollment in a.y. 2021-22
Number of credits obtained and registered by 10 August 2021
If after the application submission you believe that you will not meet all the requirements foreseen, you may apply for Special early withdrawal.
after the verifications by the Office you will not meet one or more of the
In this case:
- You will be required to leave the residence hall by the day after receiving notification by the office, even if you have already checked in, and in any case no later than 27th August 2021.
- You will not be entitled to receive the refund of your housing deposit.
- You may obtain a new housing assignment by submitting a new admission application during the residual assignments, starting from September 2021.
5. Exceptional cases
If a student has an ISEE/ISEEU Certificate with an ISEE/ISEEU value that will result in a rate change (e.g. ISEE/ISEEU Certificate submitted when applying for a.y. 2021-22 ISU Bocconi Scholarship) after a reduced rate housing assignment, the student can request a review of the rate applied when assigning housing. Any new rate will be applied starting from the first installment due after such communication and adjusted where applicable.
The office reserves the right to carry out possible further verifications and evaluate potential variations of the ISU bracket applied, as well as to verify, in the way it deems to be most appropriate, the truthfulness and completeness of the submitted documentation.
If you intend to submit a reduced rate housing renewal application for a.y. 2021-22 and during the same academic year you will participate in an Exchange program, please visit the Temporary Sublease dedicated webpage before applying for housing renewal.
6. Reasons for exclusion
It will not be possible to submit a reduced rate housing renewal application for a.y. 2021-22 for students who:
- are not in possession of all the enrollment and merit requirements;
- present an ISEE/ISEEU and/or ISPE/ISPEU higher than the limits foreseen;
- obtain a housing assignment after 30 March 2021;
- during a.y. 2020-21 occupy a room on temporary sublease (as subtenant);
- are resident in one of the “resident” or “commuting” municipalities in the list;
- in any academic year, have incurred a revocation measure due to delayed payment or violation of the Bocconi Residence Regulations and for whom the University has ordered the ineligibility to use the Accommodation Service for the entire duration of the study program;
- are already in possession of a qualification at equivalent or higher level than the program for which the reduced rate housing is requested for the a.y. 2021-22, achieved in Italy or abroad (including qualifications issued prior to the implementation of Italian Ministerial Decree 509/1999);
- when enrolling in a Master of Science program, have already obtained a four-year qualification higher than Bachelor level;
- enroll in the first year repeating or later, after the regular study program, unless they are in a condition of disability equal to or higher than 66%;
- repeat or have repeated the enrollment in a program year already attended, even for transfers of Bachelor of Science, Integrated Master of Arts, Master of Science or PhD programs or for changes of faculty and/or university campus;
- students participating in double degree programs, selected or enrolled in the program by the partner University (DDIB CEU-Bocconi program, Double/Joint Degree programs), as they are not in possession of the requirements provided by the Requirements and Regulations;
- are beneficiaries of a scholarship to cover housing costs in Milan.
For the purpose of ascertaining the economic conditions and the truthfulness of the information provided, Bocconi University will make use of the faculties provided for by the current provisions of the law.
Information on ascertaining
the economic conditions and veracity of the statements provided is available at
the following link.