Open reservation: residual assignment
You can submit a "Open reservation: residual assignment" housing application if you are regularly enrolled (if 1st year student) or enrolling (if subsequent year student) for a.y. 2021-22 in:
- a Bachelor, Integrated Master of Arts in Law, Master of Science or PhD program;
- Specialized and SDA Bocconi Master programs;
- Double Degree
- Single courses
regardless of your permanent address, merit requirements, year of course and economic condition of your family.
You may not submit this application if for a.y. 2021-22:
- you have already been assigned a room in one of the Bocconi residence halls;
- in any academic year, you have incurred a revocation measure due to delayed payment or violation of the Bocconi Residence Regulations and the University has ordered the ineligibility to use the Accommodation Service for the entire duration of the study program.
"Open reservation: residual assignment" sessions will take place starting from June 2021, according to the dates indicated in the table below that will regularly be updated depending on room availability.
|Online application opening|
|All students||Thursday, 7 April 2022, at 11.00 am
Attention: each session will be confirmed 48 hours before the opening in case of room availability.
- Thursday, 24 June 2021, at 11.00 am — session cancelled
- Monday, 19 July 2021, at 11.00 am — session confirmed
- Monday, 30 August 2021, at 11.00 am — session confirmed
- Monday, 6 September 2021 at 11.00 am — session confirmed
The dates of the subsequent sessions will be published on this webpage.
Periods of housing assignment
All the "Open reservation: residual assignment" applications submitted during the summer — from June until mid-September 2021 — will be valid for housing assignments for the whole standard period (August 21, 2021 - June 27, 2022).
Residual housing assignments are always valid starting from the first day of the following month, if not differently specified with the date indicated beside the room type chosen in the online application.
If you result eligible for the ISU Bocconi Scholarship:
- all the subsequent housing installments will be calculated at reduced rate,
- indicatively by 31/12/2021 you will receive a refund of the difference between the amount already
paid at full rate for the first housing installment and the one foreseen at reduced rate for the period/type of room.
During each of the "Open reservation: residual assignment" sessions all the rooms not previously assigned will be made available for reservation. This means that not all Residence Halls and/or room types might be available, and in that case they will not be listed in the options that you will find in the online application.
Before submitting your application we invite you to verify the Bocconi Residence Halls and various room types available by checking the relevant sections of our website: in this way, you will already have an idea of the residences/room types that may fit your needs and that you would like to reserve, if available.
By submitting a "Open reservation: residual assignment" housing application you may reserve the room type which you prefer among the ones that will be available when submitting your online application.
The due fees will be the ones applied to the room type that you will have selected and confirmed: please verify in advance all the housing fees valid for a.y. 2021-22. In addition, during the residual assignments it will be possible to request a reduced rate housing assignment, provided that:
> you are eligible for the benefits of the Right to University Education benefits for the academic year 2021-22; the final results of the ISU Bocconi Scholarship application for the academic year 2021-22 will be published by the end of October 2021;
> you will manage to select one of the room types which are also available at reduced rate:
- single room with shared bathroom in Arcobaleno, Bligny, Bocconi, Isonzo, Javotte
- single toom with private bathroom in Arcobaleno
- single room in a 4-room apartment in Castiglioni, Dubini, Spadolini
> you will upload in the "Additional documents" section of the online application a copy of the ISU Bocconi scholarship application a.y. 2021-22 or a copy of the ISU Bocconi Scholarship final result if already received
> you will indicate in the "Housing Reservation Receipt" that you want to request a reduced rate housing assignment.
We remind you that any reduced rate will be applied to the first housing installment due after the publication of the final ISU Bocconi Scholarship ranking.
If you are eligible for the ISU Bocconi Scholarship:
- all subsequent housing installments will be calculated at a reduced rate,
- approximately by 31/12/2021 you will receive a refund of the difference between the amount already paid at full rate for the first housing installment and the reduced rate for the period/room type
Make sure you have your Bocconi credentials (matricola/username and password) with you, find a fast internet connection and use one device only to submit your application.
At the opening of the applications, please follow the procedure indicated below:
the dedicated link with your Bocconi credentials (matricola/username) at the opening time indicated
|2. SELECT THE RESIDENCE|
If you do not see any option, it means that there are no more rooms available
|3. SELECT THE ROOM TYPE|
If you do not see any option, it means that there are no more rooms available
|4. CLICK ON “SAVE”|
If you do not manage to click on "save", it means that there are no more rooms available
|5. CLICK ON “SUBMIT DATA”|
If you do not manage to click on "submit data", it means that there are no more rooms available
- If you did not manage to click on "Save" at the end of the section, it means that there are no more rooms available. Please proceed with the selection of a new room type and/or Residence.
- If you managed to select a Residence and/or room type and to save the section, but when clicking on “Submit data” another user has occupied the last available place for the Residence or room type you have selected, the red button “Submit data” will still be visible. This means that, even if you have already selected and saved a preference in the “Accommodation choice” section, your room reservation is not confirmed, due to the lack of available places.
For this reason you did not manage to confirm data, and you will need to:
- re-access the “Accommodation choice” section;
- proceed to select a new option;
- save again your choice by clicking on “SAVE”;
- try again to confirm data for the new choice you made, by clicking on the red button “Submit data”.
- If when trying to select a new option all the available places are already finished, the system will still show you the first choice you made in the “Accommodation choice” section: this does NOT mean that your room reservation is confirmed.
- The reservation can be considered submitted ONLY IF instead of the red button “Submit data” you see the following text: “You have confirmed data on dd/mm/yyyy."
|In order to complete the application, it is necessary to click on the button "Submit application" by 11.59 pm of the same day
after having completed the 500 euros housing deposit payment and the upload of all the documents required, that are available in the online application. Attention: the documents must be signed with handwritten signature corresponding to the signature on the ID document uploaded.
In the following days the Office will verify your position and all the documents uploaded and will send you a notification on MyApplication for confirmation of your housing assignment for a.y. 2021-22.
For the entire period in which the student is a resident at a Bocconi residence hall, room changes are not allowed. Bocconi University, however, is entitled to transfer the resident, even during the year, to another housing facility at the rate due for the residence hall of destination.
If the room assignment is not confirmed by the Office
Please check the possibility to participate in a new session of residual assignments.
For the purpose of ascertaining the economic conditions and the truthfulness of the information provided, Bocconi University will make use of the faculties provided for by the current provisions of the law.
Information on ascertaining the economic conditions and veracity of the statements provided is available at the following link.
*the information available on this page of the website will be valid also for students who have applied for the "Exchange incoming housing application".