Payments: installments and deadlines
Deadlines and methods
Annual assignments foresee the following deadlines for payments:
|Installment||Period of residence||Deadline|
|1st||September 2019 — December 2019||by 03/09/2019|
|2nd||January 2020 — March 2020||by 03/01/2020|
|3rd||April 2020 — July 2020||by 03/04/2020|
Regardless of the type of room assignment (residual/annual), the payment of the first installment is mandatory in order check-in.
Students with an annual assignment must check-in by and not later than Friday, September 6th.
Residual assignments for periods shorter than those foreseen for the annual assignments have a specific payment schedule: the deadlines will be communicated when the room is assigned.
Payment of housing fees may be completed by using the MAV bank forms. These forms can be printed online and are available in the "Financial Situation-PAYMENTS" section in yoU@B agenda.
Payments by MAV may be made through any bank in Italy or online through an Italian home banking system or through the "Scrigno Pago Facile" service. Please remember that the student's badge, if activated for financial services, could be useful for foreign students in order to do MAV payments. For further information, please refer to Banca Popolare di Sondrio.
Please note that no changes to MAV forms are allowed.
Payments made through different methods will not be considered valid and will cause substantial delays and interruptions in the registration process and possible commissions withheld by the bank, which will be charged to the student.
The MAV slip for the payment of the housing 1st installment is available for students enrolled to the a.y. 2019-2020, in particular:
- Students enrolled in the first year: the MAV slip is available in your yoU@B agenda starting from the last week of July.
- Students enrolled in years after the first: once you have completed the enrollment to the a.y. 2019-2020. For this reason we suggest you to to enroll to the a.y. 2019-2020 by Wednesday, July 31st in order to have enough time to pay the first housing installment before the check-in.
- Residual assignments: the MAV slip will be available by the end of the month in which the assignment of the room is communicated.
After completion of payment, it is necessary to upload the receipt of payment in the dedicated page
The Fees, Funding and Housing Office will verify your situation and the "Financial Situation-PAYMENTS" section in yoU@B agenda will be updated by September, 10th.
If you have completed the upload of your payment receipt but the "Financial Situation-PAYMENTS" section in yoU@B agenda has not been updated yet, you will still be able to complete the check-in.
Consequences when deadlines are not complied
If the student does not pay the due housing fee within 20 days from the deadline specified on the MAV:
- s/he will have to vacate his/her assigned room immediately. S/he will lose the right to apply for an housing placement for the entire duration of her/his program of studies.
- her/his academic career will be blocked: s/he will not be able to take exams or access University services; such as the library or the dining hall. The academic career will be released only after the student has submitted proof of payment for the pending fees.