Computer skills for economics (30068/6033)
The Computer skills for economics course is no longer delivered.
The objective is to provide students with new skills that they can immediately use in their studies and that are fundamental to enter the job market: to structure, process, analyze data and effectively communicate information in order to solve managerial problems and support decision-making processes.
The course is divided into three sections that highlight three areas of expertise, integrated one to the other to reach the final objective of the course:
- LEARN AND UNDERSTAND: become familiar with the most widespread information technologies and tools in business environment , understand their potential and limitations, keep up to date with the state of the art and trends in the field of ICT
- PROCESS AND ANALYZE: deepen the application of the spreadsheet to import, structure, process and analyze data, understanding the logics and functions in the solution of business problems, in order to produce meaningful and consistent information according to defined objectives
- SHARE AND COMMUNICATE: effectively use the collaboration and presentation tools to work together on a project, share and communicate effectively the results of one's work
The syllabus consists of all the topics present in the books indicated in the bibliography.
It is no longer possible to sit for partial exams.
The exam consists of one part with multiple-choice questions and one part with computer exercises.
The software used is Microsoft Office 2016 for Windows in English, with international formats set to English (US).
N.B. The exam takes place on several shifts during the same day (the classroom and exact time are revealed the day before the exam). The assigned shift cannot be changed. In case of serious and verifiable reasons, it is necessary to communicate these to the SEDIN Office before the closing date for registration.
- Computer skills handbook for economics, third edition, edited by Alberto Clerici, Egea, 2017
(Except ch. 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 6.6, 6.7, 6.8, 6.9)
- Excel workbook, second edition, edited by Alberto Clerici, Egea, 2017
(Units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9)
Prerequisite for the exam registration
To register for the Computer skills exam, you must have obtained a basic ICT certification among those accepted, valid as a prerequisite.
If such prerequisite has not been achieved within the fixed deadlines, registration for the exam will be not allowed.
For further information on the prerequisite, please visit the Prerequisite for curricular courses page.