evaluation a.y. 2018-2019
Bocconi applicants are evaluated based on the academic curriculum completed at Università Bocconi.
The academic curriculum will be evaluated through the calculated weighted average, considering individual modules separately and NOT the overall grade for exams with several modules.
The evaluation of the academic career may be integrated with further elements of evaluation more related to motivation, only in case of applications to the CEMS/CHINA MIM/ESSEC-Bocconi Double Degree international programs and in case of particularly notable profiles (based on the average) for the purposes of assigning Merit Awards.
For the purpose of the selection, it is also under evaluation the position of “In corso Student” as specifically defined at this webpage.
Bocconi applicants are not required to pay any selection fee and are not asked to provide any language prerequisite.
SESSIONS of SELECTION
The student career completed at 31 July 2017 is element of evaluation for the early session.
“In corso” Students (please check the definition of “In corso” Students at this webpage) can participate in the Early Session if they have acquired at least 110 educational credits (out of those in the program structure for the first and second year of the program) by 31 July 2017, with a weighted average of at least 28/30.
Educational activities (exams) will be considered with the grade expressed in thirtieths if they are set out in the program structure for the 1st and 2nd year of the program. Will be NOT considered in the calculation of gpa:
- exams completed for Campus Abroad/Summer School by July 2017 but pertaining to electives in the 3rd year;
- curricular internships already recorded if pertaining to the 3rd year of the program.
At the end of the online application period, the Admissions Office will verify that everyone who has completed the enrollment application has actually met the requirements. If requirements are not met, the application will be not considered.
The Admissions Commission will subsequently evaluate the number of applications meeting requirements submitted for each Master of Science program and, if that number does not exceed 60% of available spots, will give applicants the opportunity to proceed to the enrollment.
If, however, the number of applications exceeds 60% of available spots, the Admissions Commission will create an admission ranking and based on this, it will assign spots until availability has been filled.
It is possible to submit again your application in the Student Career Session.
Student Career Session
The students career completed at 30 April 2018 is an element of evaluation for the Student Career Session (exams, registered internships, idoneità/tests are evaluated).
Applicants who have acquired at least 110 credits (exams, internships and idoneità/tests are evaluated) can participate in the Student Career Session by April 2018.
Elements of evaluation include:
- educational activities (exams) with grades in thirtieths set out in the program structure, that have been passed and recorded in the students career by April 2018 – in particular please note that any exams taken abroad during exchanges will be evaluated for the purposes of this admissions only if registered in the study plan, with date of registration and grade in thirtieths
- curricular internship activities recorded on the transcript by April 2018
- participation in international exchange programs (Exchange Program) that began before the month of April 2018
- position of “In Corso” Student. For the specific definition of “In Corso” Student, please check the rules published at this webpage.
All these elements will be considered when determining the admissions ranking.
Applicants will be able to verify directly in the Application, in the “Attività formative_Educational activities” section (roughly from mid of May 2018), the list of the educational activities that will be considered for the selection. In case of wrong or missing exams/activities or other issues, applicants can get in touch with the Academic Affairs Division Desk.