ISU Bocconi Scholarship
|The Financial Aid - Key Information|
|Tuition and Fees||100% waiver|
Scholarship||In limited numbers based on the availability of funds from the Lombardy Region.|
Variable amounts (from about € 1,200 to € 4,500) according to the student's situation.
Contributions for the participation|
in international mobility and internship programs
€ 1.500/€ 1.000
verified by the office)
Reduced rate canteen service
||cash payment of
712,00, which corresponds to the amount defined for the a.y. 2020-21 by the Lombardy Region for the free daily meal |
meals at a reduced price
Bocconi University, through ISU Bocconi - the Student Assistance and Financial Aid Center - established according to regional law n. 33 of 13 December 2004 and a convention with the Region of Lombardy of June 27 2019, coordinates and provides students with:
- grants and services which provide equal access to university education as foreseen by the Lombardy regional law n. 33, December 13, 2004;
- other forms of grants and services to facilitate participation in Bocconi University degree programs.
Listed below you can find the most relevant information regarding the application process for the ISU Bocconi Scholarship for AY 2020-2021. For further information, applicants should read the ISU Bocconi Application Requirements and Regulations, translation of the "Bando di Concorso ISU Bocconi, available in the attachments section.
In order to request the ISU Bocconi Scholarship, the student is required to submit an online application from 3rd June to 22nd July, 2020, according to the timescales and procedures indicated below.
The ISU Bocconi Scholarship benefit is granted for the academic year in which the application is submitted and is not automatically renewed for the following academic years.
For this reason, the student interested in confirming the benefit must submit a new application every year, provided that he/she meets the requirements.
In order to apply for the ISU Bocconi Scholarship for the 2020-2021 a.y. students must meet the enrollment, economic and merit requirements.
1. Enrollment requirements
In order to participate, students must be enrolled in the 2020-2021 a.y., with the following conditions:
- regular students: for the first time
in a regular year of a Bachelor of Science, Integrated Master of Arts in Law or
Master of Science program or for the first time in a year of a PhD program (if
not recipients of a scholarship pursuant to Italian DM 224/1999 or Post Docs
pursuant to Italian Law 449 of 27.12.1997.);
- “fuori corso” students for the first time in the first year “fuori corso” after the regular Bachelor of Science, Integrated Master of Arts in Law or Master of Science program has ended.
Students shall verify to be correctly enrolled for the 2020-2021 a.y. within the deadlines set by the Academic Services.
Once students are enrolled for a MSc program after a BSc program, they should verify with the competent office that they have only one active academic career for the 2020-2021 a.y.
Grounds for exclusion
The following students may not
participate in the 2020-2021 application:
- students who have already completed a degree of the same level or higher than the program for which the scholarship is requested for the 2020-2021 academic year, completed in Italy or abroad (including degrees issued before the implementation of Italian D.M. 509/1999);
- students who were already enrolled in other degree programs of the same level or higher than the program for which benefits or services are requested, even in faculties other than those offered by Bocconi University and in years previous to 2020-2021;
- students enrolling in Master of Science programs who have already completed a 4-year degree higher than the Bachelor of Science level;
- students enrolled in the second year “fuori corso” or subsequent years after the absolute first year of enrollment , after completing the regular study program years (with the exception of students with disabilities equal to or greater than 66%);
- students who are enrolled or were enrolled with an intermediate “fuori corso” status or repeating intermediate during the program for which the assistance is requested;
- students repeating enrollment in a year of a program already attended, even when transferring Bachelor of Science, Integrated Master of Arts in Law, Master of Science or PhD program or in case of change of faculty and/or university.
- students participating in Double Degree programs, selected or enrolled in the program by the partner University (DDIB CEU-Bocconi, Double/Joint Degree programs), as they do not meet the requirements set out in these Regulations;
- students receiving scholarships allocated by other public or private organizations during the same year;
- students enrolled in the second year of LSE — Bocconi Double Degree program (PPA), Sciences Po — Bocconi Double Degree program (PPA) and Yale-Bocconi Double Degree program.
- students enrolled in a Double/Joint Degree that, based on agreements between participating universities, offers a full tuition waiver at Bocconi and/or scholarships that cover tuition and fees to be paid to the partnered university.
 The absolute first year of enrollment shall be understood as any academic year of first enrollment in any kind of degree program (even if different from the one attended in the 2020-2021 a.y.) which required the same education qualification as the one needed to access the attended program in the 2020-2021 a.y., in any University in Italy or abroad, even if the program has not been completed.
2. Economic requirements and documentation needed
Students can apply for ISU Bocconi Scholarship only if they also meet the economic requirements foreseen for the Right to University Education for the 2020-2021 a.y. and they submit all required documentation attesting that. All details are available at dedicated webpage.
3. Merit requirements
Students can apply for ISU Bocconi Scholarship only if
they meet, in addition to economic and enrollment requirements, also the merit
requirements foreseen to access the Right to University Education benefits,
that are indicated at the dedicated webpage.
PROCEDURE AND DEADLINES FOR THE AY 2020-2021 APPLICATION
The application must be submitted online according to the procedure and deadlines foreseen.
|ISU Bocconi Scholarship application AY 2020-2021|
|from 3rd June to 22nd July, 2020|
Below some details on how to read provisional and final results of the ISU Bocconi Scholarship application AY 2020-2021.
|Notification of results|
|Provisional ranking||By 15th October 2020|
|Final ranking||By the end of October 2020|
Results - provisional ranking
Provisional rankings will be published online and individual placement can be consulted by 15th October 2020 for a period of at least 15 days, from the day of the publication.
Please note that during this stage no specific position in the ranking will be assigned to the students, since the position could change following the submission of appeals.
In the provisional ranking students may be either:
Eligible: if meeting all requirements, or
Non-eligible: if one or more requirements set out in this regulation are missing.
Any appeal against provisional rankings or requests for revision due to mistakes of the applicant must be submitted to ISU Bocconi by and no later than 3 pm on the 15th day after the publication of the same ranking. Those wishing to submit an appeal may only submit it online, through the online procedure and provide ISU Bocconi with the documentation needed to justify the reasons for an appeal.
The results of appeals will be published online at the same time the final rankings are published, approximately within the end of October 2020.
Results - final ranking
Final ranking will be published online and individual placement can be consulted by the end of October 2020 for a period of at least 15 days, from the day of the publication.In the final ranking, students may result ELIGIBLE (recipient or non-recipient) or NON-ELIGIBLE, and will or will not enjoy the benefits listed below:
|Eligible recipients||Eligible |
full exemption of payment of tuition and fees
|cash payment of
€712,00, which corresponds to the amount defined for the a.y. 2020-21 by the Lombardy
Region for the free daily meal
meals at a reduced rate||V||V||X|
financial aid for international mobility and internship programs
a variable cash stipend
based on the assigned ISU bracket and on the status
||V||Only if further financial
resources are made available||X|
*Non-eligible: if one or more requirements set out in the Regulations is missing and/or the application is not correctly submitted.
In addition, the final ranking will communicate to eligible students:
> the RANKING POSITION
> the ISU BOCCONI BRACKET to which the student has been assigned and which defines:
- the amount of the scholarship to recipient;
- the cost of reduced rate meals;
- the housing fees for guests at Bocconi Residence Halls at reduced rate.
> the student's STATUS (resident, commuting, non-resident) which defines, together with the ISU Bocconi barcket, the amount of the cash stipend of the scholarship, if awarded, but does not affect the possibility of accessing the scholarship.
All the students that meet requirements set out in the regulation and who properly and correctly submit the application for the ISU Bocconi Scholarship are potentially eligible (recipient or non-recipient), since there are no numerical limits to the eligibility.
Students with disabilities equal or greater than 66%, if defined "eligible" in the final ranking, have the right to obtain the variable cash stipend, even if all scholarships available have already been assigned.