In an effort to support the wellbeing of the Bocconi community, to improve our own awareness of the relationship between mind and body and to achieve a psychophysical balance, Bocconi University is glad to inform you that an on campus Mindfulness Area has been inaugurated on 6 March 2023. This area is meant to be a space for reflection, and individual mindfulness and meditation practices.
Inauguration of the Mindfulness Area
The Mindfulness Area has been inaugurated on 6 March: participants had the opportunity to try different practices of meditation and yoga held by Asahi:
- > 1:30pm: meditation is breath awareness
- > 2:30pm: yoga
- > 3:30pm: meditation is embracing one’s own emotions
- > 4:30pm: yoga
- > 5:30pm: meditation is staying in one’s own body
- > 6:30pm: yoga
All classes were free and open to the Bocconi Community and last about 30 minutes, with the exception of the last yoga class that lasted 1.5h and was be the first of a 4-class course.
The other yoga classes will take place on 13-20-27 March from 6:30pm to 8pm.
If you are interested in registering for the entire yoga course, please check this webpage.
Mindfulness Area Guidelines
This area is available to any member of the Bocconi University Community who is seeking a quiet, simple place to reflect or meditate. You will have the chance to disconnect from the business of your day and reconnect with yourself.
This space is located in the Campus Life Area, at Via Bocconi 12 (mezzanine floor) and it is open from 7:30am to 9:30am and from 12:30pm to 2:30pm Mondays through Fridays.
Opening hours may be subject to change after the pilot phase.
To access the area, reservations must be made using the online procedure at the following link.
You are also required to report to the residence hall Reception desk on the mezzanine floor with your Bocconi badge, to pick up the keys to access the meditation area.
If you don't know where to start with meditation or if you want to know more about it, have a look at the dedicated self-help resources that you can find here.
In order to allow everybody to make use of this area, users are required to follow these basic rules:
- > Prior to entering the area, it is required to register at the reception desk at the Bocconi Residence Hall
- > This area cannot be used as a lounge, study room, meeting room, or for other purposes
- > No items are to be removed
- > Users are asked to leave the area in the same condition as it was in prior to use
- > Silence and mutual respect are expected at all times; music can be listened to through earphones or earbuds with any musical device (e.g., iPods, MP3 players, etc.)
- > Food and beverages are not permitted
- > Mobile phone use in the space is for emergency use only; mobile phones must be placed on silent upon entry
- > Candles, burning oils, incense or any other flammable items are not permitted
The complete regulations are available in the "attachments" section.
Mindfulness Area will open again on September the 7th 2023.
Book a slot in the Mindfulness Area
Have a look at some pics taken during the inauguration of the Mindfulness Area.
Ph. by Piermario Ruggeri.