The World Bachelor in Business (WBB) is entirely taught in English and jointly designed by Bocconi University, USC University of Southern California, Marshall School of Business (Los Angeles) and HKUST Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Upon completion of studies, students will earn a degree from each institution (triple degree). The program covers four years of study: the Italian degree is three years long, while the foreign degrees last four years.
The WBB aims to develop a business and management curriculum through real-world experience on three continents, rather than dealing with global contents through a local experience. Nowadays, Asia, Europe and North America are the major players in the world in terms of economic, cultural and social openings, and connections are likely to be closer and closer in the forthcoming years. Future managers and businessmen are expected to have a deep understanding of the economy, society and culture of these crucial regions, in order to find the best job opportunities at global level.
WBB graduates will be highly acquainted with the global market and capable of innovations, thus meeting the demand for young managers with international training, emerging from the business world.
The World Bachelor in Business has the following specific objectives:
- To provide solid multidisciplinary foundations in:
- management, in line with world’s best standards
- economics, law and quantitative sciences, integrating the management core towards the most effective application of business skills.
- To develop competencies aimed at mastering IT tools and two EU languages, for effective and efficient operation in a professional context.
- To distinguish the educational path with:
- a broad preparation focused on business-government relations, international relations and country-specific cultural themes
- courses dealing with business ethics, social responsibility, respect for diversity and multiculturalism
- seminars on doing business in Asia, Europe and US
- basics of Chinese language.
- To integrate the educational path with:
- General Education courses and seminars (among the mandatory requirements for foreign degrees), dealing with country-specific topics such as culture, traditions, language, social issues
- seminars aimed at developing soft skills needed to meet the global job market demands
- workshops and field trips designed to favor the acquaintance with business environment in US, Europe and Asia.
The WBB program will be multidisciplinary, international, multi-comprehensive and comparative, and the student experience will be enriched by exposure to cultural, historical, social and linguistic aspects, key factors for professional success in a globalized world.