Admission to the program
The admission to the program is based on a selection process, during which the following aspects will be evaluated:
- Degree certificate transcript
You are required to submit an original/official or certified original transcript of grades (in English or Italian) from the college or university attended. This must include grades for individual subjects with the grading scale, the type of degree, the date of graduation and the dates of enrolment.
- Proficiency in English
All applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English. If English is not your mother tongue, you must provide an English language certificate (i.e. TOEFL 100 internet based, CAE, CPE, BEC Higher or Vantage, IELTS 7/9, First Certificate). If you have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in English, no additional language certification is required (during the application process, please upload the transcript of records also in this section).
- Updated CV
- GMAT, GRE or Bocconi selection test
All applicants are required to take the GMAT / GRE / Bocconi test. No minimum score for admission is required, but a high score is expected. At the end of the Bocconi test there is a compulsory English knowledge test, even for applicants in possession of an English language certificate.
- Personal statement
- Reference letters
You are required to provide two letters of reference (they can be both non-academical, both academical or mixed). The reference letters need to be submitted directly by the referee to firstname.lastname@example.org on official paper and with his/her signature.
- An English video interview (see below instructions on how to proceed with the video interview).
- Re-call Interview
Potential candidates could be invited for a re-call admission interview. This allows you to show that you possess the essential skills and motivation to participate. The interview may be held in Milan at Bocconi University or by Conference call or telephone.
How to apply
Candidates are required to fill out the online application and upload required documents through the Bocconi Admission Portal. Click here to see all instructions.
The application process fee of €100 is due by the application deadline and will not be refunded.
Payment is to be made by credit card through the PAYTOOL webpage http://paytool.unibocconi.it/buy/. You'll have to complete your registration in order to have your Paytool personal ID and password, then select "Application Fee to MaGER" and proceed to complete your payment. Once the payment is completed, you'll receive an email with your payment receipt.
The process is simple: you will be asked few questions, given preparation time and a set amount of time to respond. It should only take 20 to 30 minutes to complete and can be done when you prefer. The system allows for unlimited practice sessions, but once you start the formal interview questions, you only get ONE chance: this allows us to see your candid responses.
You will require an internet connected computer with a functioning webcam and microphone or a smartphone (iOS with iOS 7.0+ or Android device with 4.0+ with a front-facing camera).
We strongly recommend you use MOZILLA FIREFOX or GOOGLE CHROME browser for optimal system functioning.
Please read the detailed instructions here very carefully, before entering Kira Talent Platform.
The first time you enter the above-mentioned link, you will be asked to complete 4 steps:
- go to “Getting Started”;
- then click on the green tab “Check In” and after watching the “Welcome video”, you will be able to register (First Name, Last Name_username and Email address are mandatory fields: please be sure to use the same email address you have provided when you applied online in the Admissions Portal; photo is optional). You can register now and complete your interview later;
- once this is done, Kira Talent checks if your devices are well suited to the platform (browser; connection; webcam; microphone);
- in step 4 you can now familiarize yourself with the interview system as many times as you want. Below are possible questions that can come up during the video interview:
- Tell us a bit more about yourself (i.e. tell us something we cannot gather from your CV).
- When did you choose to enter this field and why?
- What are your expectations from this Master?
- What do you think is the most important development in the field (i.e. sustainability, energy, CSR) over the past 20 years, and why?
- What unique contribution could you bring to this specific program? (i.e.: Why should we consider you for our program instead of several other equally qualifies candidates? What skills and experiences do you feel have prepared you for admission to this program?)
- Tell us about a time you were faced with a difficult situation and how you handled it.
- Tell us about a group in which you were involved. How did you contribute to make this group achieve a goal?
- What kind of job would you like to do after the Master?
Once you feel confident enough, you can click on the "Start Interview" tab.
In this section, you will find the video questions, divided into 2 mandatory steps for each question. First, you can practice for a limited amount of time (just once for each question); after that, be ready to answer the video questions, because it will be a one shot record of your videos (no possibility to edit, view or re-do).
Please consider that your video answers must be no longer than 2 minutes each.
If you have any questions regarding your online video, please go to the upper right of the Kira Talent page and click on the Help tab: you can request assistance through help center (FAQ), e-mail (email@example.com) or 24h/7days live chat.