Courses and Requirements
Please note that the study program might be subject to minor changes. Lessons start at the beginning of September. Attendance is mandatory. The program cannot be attended by distance learning.
In the first year you have to attend 1 Preparatory course in Mathematics (optional) +8 PhD core compulsory courses (shared by the two curricula) + 4 curriculum compulsory courses + research presentation + seminars organized by the Departments of Management & Technology, Marketing and Accounting.
By the beginning of March:
- Curriculum Management: students choose their Track and the relative elective courses to be attended in the 2nd year. (Tracks are: Organization, Strategy and Technology & Innovation Management);
- Curriculum Marketing: students choose elective courses to be attended in the 2nd year.
Exam for each compulsory course (maximum 3 retakes). Retakes will take place at the end of the Spring semester, tipically in June
Moreover a Pass is required for the Research presentation, drafted under the supervision of the advisor, to be submitted just before the beginning of the 2nd year (early Septembe)
Second year - a.y. 2019 - 2020 (34° cycle)
- CURRICULUM IN MANAGEMENT: 1 PhD core compulsory course + 4 curriculum compulsory courses + 1 track compulsory course + 1 track compulsory course (12h) + 2 electives
- CURRICULUM IN MARKETING: 1 PhD core compulsory course + 1 curriculum compulsory course + 1 curriculum compulsory course (12h) + 6 electives
Moreover, seminar organized by the Departments of Management & Technology, Marketing and Accounting.
On top of the exam at the end of each course, at the end of the second year, you should obtain an "Accept" in the second-year research paper.
|Nov. - Dec.||Empirical Approaches for Marketing and Management Research ||24
||MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING
|Sept. - Oct.||Corporate Strategy ||24||G. Di Stefano||MANAGEMENT|
|Sept. - Oct.||Economics of Innovation and Technological Change||24||F. Malerba||MANAGEMENT|
|Nov. - Dec.||Accounting and Governance
||24||M. Gietzmann||MANAGEMENT |
|Nov. - Dec.||Organizational Behavior ||24||G. Okhuysen||MANAGEMENT|
|Nov. - Dec.||Labor Relations & Human Resource Management ||24||A. Camuffo||MANAGEMENT ||Organization|
|Feb. - Mar.||Organizational Sociology ** ||12||F. Castellucci||MANAGEMENT ||Organization|
|Feb. - Mar.||Entrepreneurship ** ||24||C. Salvato||MANAGEMENT ||Strategy|
|Feb. - Mar.||International Business (not offered in the a.y. 2019-2020)||12||TBD||MANAGEMENT ||Strategy|
|Feb. - Mar.||Technology and Innovation Management - Advanced I **||12+12||C. Gutierrez Moreno||MANAGEMENT ||Technology|
|Feb. - Mar.||Text Analysis **||12||D. Hovy ||MANAGEMENT ||Technology|
|Advanced Accounting (not offered in the a.y. 2019-2020)||24||TBD||MANAGEMENT||Accounting |
|Seminar in Accounting (not offered in the a.y. 2019-2020)||12||TBD||MANAGEMENT||Accounting |
|Sept. - Oct.||Consumer Behavior II (not offered in the a.y. 2019-2020)||24||TBD||MARKETING|
|Feb. - Mar.||Topic in Marketing: Consumer Culture Theory (not offered in the a.y. 2019-2020)||12||S. Borghini||MARKETING|
** an updated version of this syllabus will be uploaded soon
- Social Network Analisys (24 h) (G. Soda) - September - October
- for MANAGEMENT CURRICULUM: any other TRACK courses, 1st year compulsory courses in Marketing
- for MARKETING CURRICULUM, all 1st and 2nd year compulsory courses in Management and all TRACK courses in Management
- Courses of other PhD Programs are allowed subject to PhD program Director's approval.
Third year / Fourth year - a.y. 2019 — 2020 (33° cycle and 32° cycle)
The third and fourth years are largely devoted to research and the preparation of the thesis. You will have to:
- attend the curriculum PhD Seminar in Business Administration & Management
- study/research period at other Universities + Ta/RA activities (optional)
- attend conferences (as a listener and as a speaker)
- attend seminars organized by the Departments of Management &Technology, Marketing and Accounting
- submit 2 research papers (1 per year)
- give two seminar presentations per year to illustrate one's own research output (at least one in Bocconi)
- submit the thesis to external reviewers (end of 4th year)
- defend your thesis