Courses and Requirements
Please note that the study program might be subject to minor changes.
Lessons start at the beginning of September and attendance is mandatory.
You can not attend the program by distance learning.
First year - a.y. 2017-18
- You have to attend 13 compulsory courses within the track chosen: Economics or Finance
- You have to pass all the exams
- At the end of the year you have to pass three Sequence Exams: Quantitative Methods, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics or Finance
|1||MATHEMATICS - PREPARATORY COURSE (*)||12||F. Tonoli||Economics - Finance|
|1||INTRODUCTION TO MATHEMATICS||24+12||M. Dong||Economics - Finance|
|1||MICROECONOMICS 1 (**)||24+12||M. Marinacci||Economics - Finance|
|1||MACROECONOMICS 1||24+12||N. Pavoni||Economics|
|1||FINANCE 1||24+12||V. Fedaseyeu||Finance|
|1||INTRODUCTION TO PROBABILITY||24+12||S. Fortini||Economics - Finance|
|1||ECONOMETRICS 1||24+12||J. Adda||Economics - Finance|
|1||MICROECONOMICS 2||24+12||P. Battigalli||Economics - Finance|
|1||MACROECONOMICS 2||24+12||A. Trigari, L.Iovino||Economics|
|1||FINANCE 2||24+12||F. Ortu||Finance|
|2||ECONOMETRICS 2 (Microeconometrics) ||24+12||P. Giustinelli||Economics - Finance|
|2||MICROECONOMICS 3||24+12||A. Di Tillio||Economics - Finance|
|2||MACROECONOMICS 3||24+12||M. Maffezzoli||Economics|
|2||FINANCE 3||24+12||M. Croce||Finance|
|2||ECONOMETRICS 3||24+12||M. Marcellino||Economics - Finance|
|2||MICROECONOMICS 4||24+12||N. Kos||Economics - Finance|
|2||MACROECONOMICS 4||24+12||T. Monacelli||Economics|
|2||FINANCE 4||24+12||S. Rossi||Finance|
(*) Joint courses with PhD B&A and PP&A
(**) Joint course with PhD PP&A
- You have to attend 12 courses and pass the corresponding exams..
- You have to choose two fields and attend all courses of the fields chosen
- You have to write a field paper for one of the chosen field
Note: The courses listed below refer to the a.y. 2017-18; the 2018-19 study program may be subject to changes; activation of electives depends on choices made by students.
(* ) joint course with PhD BA&M
(**) joint course with PhD PP&A
(***) course field alternative
(****) joint course with PhD Statistics
- You have to join in at least one reading group and one regular seminar series organized by the Departments of Economics or Finance
- By September you have to discuss your project in front of the Oral Thesis Committee
Note: The courses listed below refer to the a.y. 2017-18 the 2018-19 study program may be subject to changes; activation of readings depends on choices made by students.
|COURSE TITLE - READINGS||HOURS||PROFESSOR|
|READING DYNAMIC PUBLIC FINANCE AND BEHAVIORAL MACROECONOMICS ||24||N. Pavoni, vp H. Yazici|
|READING CORPORATE FINANCE||24||N. Limodio|
|READING POLITICAL ECONOMICS||24||G. Tabellini|
|READING ASSET PRICING (Financial Intermediation)||24||E. Carletti|
|READING MACRO AND FINANCIAL ECONOMETRICS||24||vp E. Ghysels|
|READING INFORMATION, COORDINATION AND MARKET DESIGN||24||vp A. Pavan|
|READING EVIDENCE IN GAMES AND MECHANISM DESIGN||24||vp E. Ben-Porath|
|READING MICROSTRUCTURE OF FINANCIAL MARKETS||24||B. Rindi|
- You have to complete your thesis.