Master of science a.y. 2019/20
The Admissions Committee evaluates carefully the complete applicants’ profiles by considering all the documents uploaded on My application, the test performance (if required) and the places available in the selection round for the programs chosen by the candidates.
According to the timeline established for the selection round, applicants can access their admission result by entering the “My Application” Portal and clicking on button “Results”.
The outcome of the selection process can be one of the following: admission, non-admission, stand by/waiting list.
1. ADMITTED CANDIDATES
Admitted applicants will receive a conditional offer, whose validity is confirmed only under the following conditions:
- obtainment of the necessary curricular requirements indicated in the Table below;
- completion of the enrollment application within the set deadlines.
|Curricular requirements||MSc |
taught in English
taught in Italian
|China MIM||CEMS MIM||ESSEC-Bocconi DD Program|
|First cycle Bachelor degree, valid and recognized. |
Check information at this webpage
|By June 2019|
(by July 2019 for Italian and Bocconi candidates)
|By October 2019|
|Languages requisites for:|
MSc Programs taught in English adn Italian
By June 2019
By June 2019
By June 20019
By July 2019
By July 2019
|GMAT minimum 600 total score (or equivalent GRE total score, but with no section less than 150)**||-||-||-||-||By July 2019|
Failure to satisfy even one of the above-mentioned conditions by the required deadline will entail revocation of the admission and, as a result, the cancellation of the enrollment. Further information available here
*For these Programs, English and Italian requisite for Bocconi applicants is satisfied with the awarding of the Bocconi Bachelor degree
(**) We invite students to take the GMAT/GRE test necessary to satisfy the ESSEC BOCCONI DD pre-requisite as soon as possible:
- Bocconi applicants: no later than April 1st, 2019 for Bocconi students admitted and enrolled in the Early Session; no later than April 29th, 2019 for Bocconi applicants of the Carrier Session. Please note that for the selection of the candidates applying in the Carrier Session, priority will be given to candidates with a GMAT/GRE total score equal to 600 already at the time of selection.
- International applicants: in each session of selection, priority will be given to candidates with a GMAT/GRE total score equal to 600 already at the time of selection.
Failing in complying with this pre-requirement within the very last deadline of July 2019, will result anyway in admission and enrollment revocation.
Admission and Merit Award assignments will be released at the same time. The assignment will be inserted directly in the admissions results, only to the Awardees. The decision is final and unquestionable.
2. NON-ADMITTED CANDIDATES
“Non admission” means that the Admissions Committee has selected applicants in accordance with the admission criteria set for the specific round/category of applicant, but the ranking position of the student has resulted below the average of admitted applicants in the choice/choices indicated in the online application.
International applicants from any session who are deemed as not admitted may not resubmit an application for the same academic year.
International Exchange students who received a “non admission” result in one of the 2 sessions specifically dedicated, can apply again ONLY as regular international applicant, providing GMAT/GRE scores.
Bocconi applicants participating in the early session who are deemed as not admitted may resubmit an application during the student career session.
3. STAND-BY or Waiting List Position
A result of “STAND-BY/Waiting List” position is only possible in some admissions sessions. In particular, this outcome is available for:
International applicants (from the 1st to the 4th sessions)
Applicants in “STAND BY” position are in any case NOT admitted students. In fact, due to a lack of available spots in the choices indicated, it was not possible to assign the applicant to one of the chosen Master of Science programs.
The profile of “stand-by” applicant will be re-evaluated along with the applications received during the subsequent admissions round: the final and definitive result will be issued on the date expected for publication of results for all applicants participating in the subsequent admissions round.
The “stand-by applicant” won’t be allowed to add further documentation for the re-evaluation.
Bocconi applicants – Student career session
Applicants inserted in on the “Waiting List” are in any case NOT admitted students. In fact, due to a lack of available spots in the choices indicated, it was not possible to assign the applicant to one of the chosen Master of Science programs.
At the end of the enrollment period, if there is remaining availability of spots due to lack of enrollment among admitted applicants, the top non-admitted applicants on the waiting list may be recalled.
The Admissions Office will contact students following these criteria:
- Priority will be given to students who have expressed, during the application for admission, the MSc program for which a place has been made available
- In the absence of students on the waiting list who have expressed such preference, the other students who have not indicated the MSc Program available, may be called, in order to check their interest in admission.