ESSEC-Bocconi Double Degree
Academic Director: Gabriella Lojacono
Bocconi and ESSEC have a history of cooperation on student and faculty exchanges that spans over 40 years. Recently they have joined forces to launch an exciting double degree program involving multiple countries, campuses and continents.
This innovative program gives students the amazing opportunity to study in four different locations: the ESSEC Cergy campus (France), the ESSEC Singapore campus (Singapore), the Bocconi Milan campus (Italy) and the Bocconi MISB Mumbai campus (India).
Its unique format provides a chance to gain deep insight into both Europe and Asia and learn about economic, political and management issues from complementary perspectives across the globe. Furthermore, participants will enjoy a rich combination of courses and internships, and will gain research experience while completing their dissertation.
The double degree program will be open to 20 ESSEC and 20 Bocconi students every year. At graduation, students will receive the ESSEC MSc in Management degree (Grande Ecole) and the Bocconi University MSc in Management degree.
Study Plan for Bocconi Students
First semester at Bocconi (Milan)
- Economic Prospects
- Performance Measurement and Corporate Strategy I (Performance Measurement)
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management - Advanced
- Behavioural skills seminars
Second semester at ESSEC (Singapore)
- Management Control
- Strategy and Management
- Principles of Finance
- International Business Law
- Asian Cultures and Society
First semester at MISB Bocconi (Mumbai)
- Principles of Business Analytics
- 4 electives on selected managerial topics
- Business Game
Second semester at ESSEC (Cergy)
- Managing IT in the Digital Age
- 4 electives
Second semester, other activities
- First foreign language
- Second foreign language
- Professional experience (after graduation at Bocconi)
Please note that
- The study plan may be subject to slight variations decided by the competent bodies
- The total number of credits needed to obtain both the Bocconi and ESSEC degrees will be greater than the number of credits required to obtain the Bocconi MSc degree alone (120 CP)
- The thesis must be discussed at Bocconi University
- The Bocconi degree must be awarded before the ESSEC Business School degree
The ESSEC degree, in accordance with the Business School policy, will be issued after 18 months of job experience (internship included).