Accounting, Financial Management and Control
Program Director: Angelo Ditillo
- It provides students with all the competencies and skills related to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) profession, preparing them to analyze problems and make managerial decisions from a plurality of perspectives. The same set of knowledge and competencies and skills could also be successfully applied to operating within auditing firms, consulting firms and financial institutions.
- The CFO plays a diverse set of key and challenging roles within all firms:
- ensuring compliance with financial regulations, preparing financial statements and communicating value and risk information to investors and boards
- providing financial leadership and aligning business and financial strategy to expand the business and make investments as well as overseeing the capital structure of the company
- developing and implementing internal and management control systems designed to protect company assets and report business performance.
- Teaching leverages on a large number of methods with different objectives: lectures, class discussion and press analysis to understand management models, algorithms and methodologies; case studies, videos, inviting speakers from the business community to visualize and scrutinize organizational complexity; finally, simulations to improve data analysis, interpretation and decision making.