Infrastructure and Systems
The IT infrastructure and University network systems offices have the duty of administrating the University IT system and managing the applications, hardware and software that make up the structure supporting the network. In particular, the offices manage all internal servers where all the applications used at the University are stored.
- find the most advanced and secure solutions for the use of resources and information through both the cabled and wireless network infrastructures;
- administration of the email service used by the University and SDA Bocconi non-teaching staff, academic staff and students;
- implementation of IT solutions set out in test projects in progress in the IT innovations area; included are the technology used for multi-videoconference systems and the podcasting service to support lessons;
- administration of the University portal and the elearning portal, both based on IBM Websphere; administration of the internal profiling system, based on LDAP Novell;
- administration of the Apple Podcast and video streaming system, as well as backup procedures;
- management of software for users connected to the network used by academic staff, students and non-teaching staff;
- organizational management of student computer labs, with constant updates of the standard and scientific application packages for all IT equipment;
- implementation and management of the network connectivity at each building on the University campus.