Immagine sezione
Logo Bocconi

Health Insurance

Before your arrival, make sure you are properly covered, in case you need medical care during your stay in Italy. Check if the social security scheme of your country of residence ensures you against the cost of medical treatment in Italy. 

EU citizens: be sure to bring the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which entitles the holder to get necessary treatments at the same cost as a national of that country. The card is valid only for state provided services, as private health is not covered. We suggest you verify how to get the card and which services are covered with the social security administration of your country before your departure.

EU citizens can also apply for Module S1. You should obtain your S1 form from the healthcare institution of your home country before your departure. Double-check the possibility of obtaining Module S1 with the social security institution of your country of residence as each EU member can set up different requirements.

Non-EU citizens: before leaving your home country you are strongly recommended to have a health insurance policy with international validity. In order to get a Permit of Stay you will be asked to prove that you are covered against the cost of medical cares for the entire duration of your stay in Italy.

Last modified 22/10/2015 - 15:59:06