Summer’s Cool in Milan
3 - 21 July 2017
Bocconi Summer School offers international university students the opportunity to live and study for 3 weeks on our urban campus in downtown Milan.
You can choose 1 course out of the 6 options available, to pursue your areas of interest or to try out something new.
- Sport Management
How do sport organizations create and manage value? To answer this question, the course provides an overview of the current economic and cultural environment of sport organizations, based on the study of real cases, such as football clubs and automobile racing companies.
- Economics of European Union
If you’re interested in further understanding all the critical economic issues in the EU, this track is expressly designed to give you a deep experience of policy development and economic governance. You will be asked to debate real structural reforms in the EU and you’ll sharpen your skills in economic analysis and statistics.
- Equity and Venture Capital Financing
Discover all the key facts in value creation by private equity and venture capital firms, taking a close look at management issues, business models and investment opportunities. You will learn to act from the perspective of financial intermediaries located right in the center of Milan, one of the most important business centers and stock markets in Europe.
- Fashion and Design Management
Milan is recognized as a fashion capital, with first-rate shopping and design districts where prestigious brands have their headquarters. Taking advantage of a cross-industry approach, this course provides an in-depth understanding of business models and growth strategies of the global fashion and design industries. You’ll also complete project work run with an international design studio.
- International Business
This course is concentrated on analyzing management challenges and value creation mechanisms and has been designed for motivated business and non-business major students interested in understanding how and why firms survive, grow and attract talents in the “new normal” globalized and digitalized society.
- Luxury Management
Through this course you will explore the fundamental strategies and business models of different companies with a luxury or premium positioning, such as fashion and leather accessories, food and beverage, cosmetics and perfume, jewelry, yachts, automotive and hospitality. Unveil the magic alchemy among creativity, product development, manufacturing and go-to-market strategies that leads to success.
Interactive and effective learning
- Peer-to-peer processes in teams during exercises, case studies and simulations, as well as reciprocal assessment
- Flat classrooms, bring-your-own-device
- Small class groups, to allow for enhanced interaction between instructors and students
- Continuous assessment of student performance
- Three hours of class in the morning, team work/self study in the afternoon
- Work on real business cases
- Company visits to discover production processes and business models, talks with entrepreneurs, discussions on management and strategic issues
- Final examination on 21 July 2017