To do list
Important things to remember when you are selected for the exchange:
- Host School Application: Most of the host schools have very strict deadlines for applications (for enrolment, courses selection, accommodation, etc).
Please check your e-mail daily as the Study Abroad Office (or the Partner School directly) will forward you instructions and forms/documents to be filled in and returned.
- Passport/Visa: Please check information on immigration policies. In case a passport and/or a visa is needed, right after the selection process you will be asked to provide a copy of your valid passport in order to issue the useful documents. If your passport will expire during or within six months of the end of your study abroad program, renew it as soon as possible.
- Accommodation: The accommodation offered by the host universities abroad can vary: check each partner school's website/factsheet and read former exchange students' reports for details. Please note that Bocconi Study Abroad Office is not in charge of students' accommodation; the host university will provide some help and information directly to selected students (if available).
- Students living in one of the Bocconi residences and who wish to leave their accommodation while abroad to Incoming Exchange Students should contact ISU for specific deadlines.
- Erasmus: Students selected for those European Universities which take part in the Erasmus+ Programme will automatically benefit from getting the scholarship. If you are a grantee, you will be required to submit some documents to our Office. For further information, please check: www.ir.unibocconi.eu/erasmus - student mobility.
- Insurance: Please check the insurance policies of the host country. In case needed, you will have to provide an insurance coverage for your exchange period abroad. Some schools require to purchase their own insurance plan, in some cases upon arrival.
- Financial statement: All US destinations (and most extra EU ones) will ask you to provide, during application (after our selection), a financial statement issued by your bank in English, useful to obtain the Study Permit or Visa. See the example here. Please wait for proper school guidelines before providing the financial statement.
- Safety: When leaving for the Exchange, we encourage you to register to: International SOS for Bocconi travellers and viaggiare Sicuri - MAE, dove siamo nel mondo - MAE. This service is available for Italian citizens only.
- Enrol in the 3rd year: Just like students not participating in the Exchange Program you will need to enrol in the 3rd year and choose the elective courses (August/September, check the Student Administration Center website). However Exchange Students (who may insert tentative elective choices) have the chance to change their electives choice once back from the exchange period, after the Academic Recognition procedures.
- Co-operation with Università Bocconi: Should you be invited to promote Università Bocconi while abroad, please contact the Study Abroad Office (well in advance) which will provide you with the useful promotional materials.
** For more details, please refer to the Guide to the Exchange Program on the home page**