B4DPA Bocconi for Digital Public Administration Award
PLAY A KEY ROLE IN THE INNOVATION OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
The Bocconi for Digital Public Administration Award is a competition promoted by Bocconi University with the objective of rewarding the design and development of solutions to transform public administration and encourage it to be more innovative.
The competition is targeted at students from all Italian and non-Italian universities who would like to play a key role in change, by submitting agile and concrete solutions for improving the public sector, thus contributing to redesigning the Italian public administration of the future.
In particular, participants are asked to identify concrete answers to problems for the public sector which relate to, for example:
- Agile solutions to known problems: projects that aim to define a new problem or address a known and unsolved problem, offering an innovative solution through the use of new technologies;
- Radical transformations to redefine the public administration of the future: projects that direct its culture and influence its functioning starting with adopting emerging technologies.
Every idea, as long as it is concrete, is valid. For inspiration, please consult the areas of priority interest to the Italian Digital Transformation Team at the following link.
Each project must be submitted by a group of minimum 3 and maximum 5 people, whose project representative is a student duly enrolled in a Bocconi University degree program for the 2017-2018 academic year.
The Phases of the Competition
The competition is divided into two phases.
and submission of proposal: each group must register by 27 November 2017 by completing all sections of the form available at this link and must submit the proposal, describing the objectives, content, intended outcomes, stages and timelines of the project, as specified in the Guidelines for submitting a project.
- Mentoring: the teams that submit the most interesting projects will have access to the second stage (11 December 2017 - 20 February 2018), during which they will be supported by Bocconi faculty members, professional experts and startuppers and will begin developing and deploying their proposal.
The best and most innovative projects will be recognized during a ceremony that will take place in late February 2018.All projects admitted to phase 2 will be briefly presented to the public as part of the awards event.
Panel and Evaluation Criteria
Projects will be evaluated by a special commission made up of Bocconi faculty members, experts and representatives of the public sector and digital transformation.
The commission will evaluate projects based on the following criteria:
- impact for public sector stakeholders;
- real contribution to transforming public administration.
Two winning projects will be chosen by the end of February 2018:
The group that submitted the winning project for the 2017-2018 edition will receive a maximum monetary prize of € 35,000
The Commission may also award a winning group in the 2017-2018 edition access for each member of one group to participate in one of the four concentrations offered in spring 2018 as part of the Master of Public Administration at the SDA Bocconi School of Management.
Registration will open starting on 2 October 2017.
Before registering, please read the competition’s Rules carefully.
Please click here.
With the Patronage of: