Courses and Requirements
Lessons start at the beginning of September. You can not attend the program through distance learning.
Starting from the a.y. 2015 - 2016 the PhD will have a new curriculum architecture. Click here for details.
First year - a.y. 2014 - 2015
You have to attend 1 Preparatory course in Mathematics and 12 compulsory courses.
Courses refer to 3 main sequences:
1 Economic and Social Sciences for Business Studies;
2 Fundamentals of Business;
You have an exam for each course and then, at the end of the year, you have to pass the General Exam in the sequence of Fundamentals of Business.
June-July GENERAL EXAM
Second year - a.y. 2015 - 2016
In your second year you must choose: 1 field major, 1 field minor + 3 electives + track Advanced Methods (compulsory) to reach a total of 12 courses. The fields among which students can choose their major and minor include: Strategy, Marketing, Organization, Technology, Accounting* (*jointly with the PhD in Economics and Finance).
You have an exam for each course and then, at the end of the year, you have to pass the Field Exam concerning the field major you have chosen.
Before you enter your third year, you have to start writing your Research Proposal.
* These courses are jointly offered with the PhD in Economics and Finance
Third year / Fourth year
The third and fourth years are largely devoted to research and the preparation of the thesis. Students will have to:
- attend the PhD Seminar in Business Administration & Management
- attend two Advanced Topics offered by the Program:
- Advanced Topics in Business Policy & Strategy (12h) (A. Parmigiani)
- Advanced Topics in Organization and Management Theory (12h) (E. Netchaeva)
- give two seminar presentations on their research, at least one in Bocconi
Bocconi PhD in BAM regularly involves an international network of distinguished professors. Please follow this link to see who we have recently been proud to host