Courses and Requirements
Lessons start at the beginning of September. You can not attend the program through distance learning.
Starting from the a.y. 2015 - 2016 the PhD will have a new curriculum architecture. Click here for details.
First year - a.y. 2015 - 2016
In the first year you have to attend 1 Preparatory course in Mathematics +8 compulsory courses for both curricula. Then, given the curriculum chosen:
- CURRICULUM IN MANAGEMENT: 4 compulsory courses (Major field). Major fields are: Accounting, Organization, Strategy and Technology and Innovation Management
- CURRICULUM IN MARKETING: 4 compulsory courses
On top of the exam at the end of each course, at the end of the first year you should pass the Major Field Exam (called General Exam)
* In the a.y. 2015 - 2016, for first year students, this course will not be activated; whereas, it will be active for second year students.
June-July GENERAL EXAM
In your second year you must choose: 1 field major, 1 field minor + 3 electives + track in Advanced Methods (compulsory) to reach a total of 12 courses. The fields among which students can choose their major and minor include: Accounting, Marketing, Organization, Strategy, Technology. Each field consists of three courses.
You have an exam for each course and then, at the end of the year, you have to pass the Field Exam concerning the field major you have chosen.
Before you enter your third year, you have to start writing your Research Proposal.
Note: The courses listed below refer to the a.y. 2015-16; the 2016-17 study program will be subject to changes due to a new architecture in the study plan; activation of electives depends on choices made by students.
- Advanced Quantitative Methods for Management Science Research (24h) (E. Borgonovo)
- Accounting for Financial Markets* (24h) (E. Bartov)
*This course is jointly offered with the PhD in Economics and Finance
Third year / Fourth year
The third and fourth years are largely devoted to research and the preparation of the thesis. You will have to:
- attend the PhD Seminar in Business Administration & Management
- attend two Advanced Topics offered by the Program:
- Advanced Topics in Organization and Management Theory (12h) (A. Brief)
- Advanced Topics in Marketing (12h) (J. Nunes)
- give two seminar presentations on their research, at least one in Bocconi
Bocconi PhD in BAM regularly involves an international network of distinguished professors. Please follow this link to see who we have recently been proud to host