Advanced Economics Exchange Program (AEEP) for DES/ESS and CLEFIN/FINANCE Students
The Advanced Economics Exchange Program, in cooperation with Yale University and University of Wisconsin-Madison offers a unique, challenging opportunity reserved to DES/ESS and CLEFIN/FINANCE students.
Up to four students will have the opportunity to spend the entire 2nd year at this prestigious institution, attending its Ph.D. program in Economics.
The selected students will spend abroad the first (Aug-Dec 2015) and the second (Jan-May 2016) semester.
- Yale Ph.D. in Economics Program description can be found at http://economics.yale.edu/graduate-program and the courses outlines at http://economics.yale.edu/courses/graduate
- Wisconsin-Madison Joint Ph.D.Finance and Economics Program description can be found at http://bus.wisc.edu/phd/program-overview/areas-requirements/finance#Jointdegree
and the courses outlines at http://grad.wisc.edu/catalog/degrees_business.htm#top
- Enrollment in the 1st year of the DES/ESS or CLEFIN/FINANCE MSc. Program
- Undergraduate degree with a minimum grade of 108/110
- GRE score with a minimum score on the Quantitative section of at least 160 or GMAT with a minimum total score of 680
- Valid TOEFL minimum score of 100 or IELTS minimum score of 7.0. Other relevant language proficiency proofs (e.g. other international certificates, English-taught Undergraduate or Graduate studies) will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Applicants should submit:
- 1st semester grade report
- Undergraduate degree academic transcript
- GRE score report or GMAT score report
- IELTS or TOEFL score report, or other language proficiency proofs
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Purpose - up to one page explaining your academic goals and why you are interested in this program
- 2 academic letters of recommendation
Application period: from January 12 to February 6, 2015 at Punto Blu.
Applicants are invited to hand in their dossier at:
Study Abroad Office - Markets and External Affairs, Piazza Sraffa 11, 3rd Floor - room 304 or room 309.
For information on the Program:
Elena Bernasconi (02-5836-3494, firstname.lastname@example.org)
An "individual motivational interview" may be part of the official selection process (at the Selection Committee discretion). The Selection Committee might include the Program Director/Academic Director/Dean for International Affairs/Relevant Professors/Staff from the International Relations Office.
In case a candidate is not considered suitable for the Program he/she will not be selected, regardless of the academic performance, the positioning in the applicants ranking and the number of available slots.
After the interviews (held at the end of February), a short-list of candidates will be proposed by Bocconi to Yale or University of Wisconsin-Madison, which will make the final selection.
Compatibility with the Exchange Program and the Double Degree Program:
Students applying for the Advanced Economics Exchange Program can also apply for regular Exchange Program.
If selected for the AEEP, they will be automatically excluded from the Exchange Selection.
Students already selected for the Double Degree Program may also apply for this program (but not for the Exchange Program).
If selected for the AEEP, they will be automatically excluded from the Double Degree Program.
For more details please check the AEEP 2015-16 presentation